Zayo Group logo
Zayo Group

Zayo Group Culture reviews

Clear

Co-workers are supportive and helpful. Life vs Work balance is terrible.

As a field tech each day is varied enough so that its not boring. The day goes by pretty fast with plenty to do. However, management seems to find ways to unnecessarily add to the frustration levels my micro-managing day to day tasks. The culture from management is work until you are dead, if you don't like it, there is the door. We commonly are working 15-20 hour days that run into the next work day. Co-workers are diligent and are ready and willing to assist and support to get tasks completed despite the many challenges we face. Compensation is more than fair however IMO.Overall, its not the worst job I have had but it could be much better.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

Long work hours.

Candidate for worse management in US workforce

Set you up for failure. Will work you to death literally. No leadership, rudderless and very inhumane culture that harkens to dark industrial times. Honestly not much good about this work environment it’s a job. Not hard just not enough resources, training provided.

Pros

You get a check

Cons

Company Culture

High turnover and poor management!

The culture was horrible there. No one seemed happy, no smiles, no "Good Morning," no eye contact with anyone as you walk the isles. Management had their favorites and they were allowed to literally sleep at their desk, while others did all the work. Different rules for others. I went to HR twice and yet they did nothing! Horrible experience. I only stayed for 14 months, but really should have left 1st month, as I kept thinking it would get better.......nada, zilch! By time I left I felt like I'd been abused!

Pros

At the time close to home

Cons

Poor pay, poor management, long meetings, cold environment.

Stressful and chaotic

Stressful and chaotic. Direct management teams and the teams you work with are excellent, but senior management teams have absolutely no ones interest other than their own.

Change starts from the top down

Wages are not competitive. Management needs to be reviewed from the top to the bottom. Training is a joke. Building management operations need to be documented and practiced. Ticketing system needs to be reviewed and updated. A data center manager needs to be there and not distance manage.

Environnement de travail agreable

C'est un bon endroit pour ceux qui viennent de commencer leur carrieres. On fait un peu de tout chez Zayo.

Not the best place to work

The best part about this company is the culture and the people. Otherwise, it doesn't pay well and is inconsistent with no structure and zero job security.

aucune sécurité d'emploi

mauvais environnement de travail, pas de de limite de travail sans remunération

Pros

na

Cons

rien a dire

Worst job I’ve ever had

Literally the worst job I’ve ever had. Atrocious management who don’t care about you, just their quarterly numbers. The are being acquired by two PE’s sometime next year and everyone is hoping that will finally bring positive change. But, until the current management from the top down is removed and the culture changed DO NOT work at Zayo. They refuse to hire enough people to get anywhere near the amount of workload piled on you and your team. People are leaving is droves and all new hires are expected to handle an unreasonable amount of workload within days, yes days, not weeks without training are much assistance at all. Management above first line managers are absolutely unqualified and blame everyone below them for everything, they NEVER take accountability! Look the for something else and wait and see if the reviews improve after the sale of the company is completed to the PE’s.

Pros

None unless you have no other options

Cons

Management, unrealistic workload, never ending severe stress

Relaxed Work Environment

Very Relaxed Work Environment, helpful co-workers. Great Benefits and competitive pay. Manager jumps in an helps with any issue that arises. Great place to work.

Jobs at Zayo Group

See more jobs

Zayo is a good place to work because they promote equal opportunity for all.

Work environment really upbeat and positive, co-worker very friendly and interactive. Management very hands on and very approachable. Working late to finish task before the deadline. Balancing at the end of the day without any issues.

Pros

positive attitude from everyone

Cons

late evenings at month end

each datacenter location

each datacenter location has its own culture, unknown about how each location has there team building events has their events. no team meeting or status updates of individual development.

Pros

alot of technical learning regarding Colo management

Cons

no team building/bonding events

Heavy workload makes the day fly by

Typical day, work tasks are loaded to you on a calendar in Salesforce, you work them one at a time. I learned to look ahead a few days on tasks that relate to a related order so I can work them together saving time. First line Management is great, they understand the challenges and relate to the work environment. Higher Management seem to have a much different agenda with focus solely on Revenue. The culture seems to be strong, just a very young work force lacking experience in the industry. The hardest part of the job is seeing and know issues needing resolution that aren't getting addressed. Most enjoyable is working with my peers getting all the work done to our level of quality and integrity.

Pros

Minimal supervision

Cons

Workload tasking is dysfunctional aligned and slow to market for the customer

Great employees, Fast paced work style

Typical day at work is monitoring the Zayo fiber network and resolving incoming customer troubles. The management is supportive but encourages you to resolve the problems on your own. The workplace culture is lighthearted but the constant inflow of customer troubles keep you focused on your workload.

Poor Management & Culture

This company has poor leadership. The culture has become who can we throw under the bus or who's fault is it whenever something doesn't go as planned, instead of how can we fix the problem. Another issue is everything is an escalation. When everything is an escalation then NOTHING is an escalation and this starts at the top. The company states they want a good work/life balance but you are constantly working all day & night along with weekends. The are also quick to charge customers without delivering and issuing credits afterwards to make quarterly goals.

Zayo Upper Management

The culture at Zayo changed since when I started there 10 years ago. There is a forced relocation going on to get everyone in either Denver or Tulsa. One of the best perks to working here was that it was remote and allowed flexible hours. This mandate to bring everyone to the two main cities is basically a way to have a layoff without calling it one. A lot of qualified people are leaving because of this and I believe it will hurt Zayo in the long run. Truly sad to be part of a RIF

Pros

used to be flexible working hours with regard to remote employees

Cons

benefits are not great (high deductible plans), Executive mandate to relocate to two main cities

good place to work

It was a good place to work. The location was in a very nice neighborhood in Boulder. The people were very nice to work with and the management was good to me.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Far drive

Good company

I think Zayo is a lot like most companies in that there are so many people and tasks things are more convoluted than they need to be. I think Zayo is competitive and does good work, but sometimes communication is lacking. There is currently a focus on "culture" that I think is way off base on what makes a good company, but that is the direction they want to go.

Pros

Good people, some lunch perks are regular

Cons

Good people leaving, SalesForce based work tracking isn't great for engineering.

Zayo seems to be stumbling

Outstanding products and an enviable market niche, but Zayo seems to be stepping on its own feet. There is a revolving door of upper management and direction seems to be focused solely on setting the company up to be sold. Different product groups spend half of their time fighting with each other, so there is not much cohesion between groups.

Pros

Exciting industry, great product and market penetration

Cons

Intracompany fighting, stagnant culture, mistrust of upper management

Productive an fun workplace

I believe Zayo is a great place to work, it can be intense at times, but there is a great deal of collaboration and teamwork. The workplace culture is in tune with today's work lifestyle.

Pros

Free Lunches, Thirsty Thursday

Cons

Health Benefits

Terrible, hated it

Do not work here. Terrible management,low pay (no bonuses), long hours. Their personal liberal views drive the culture. I felt like I had to keep my christian and conservative views to myself. I was NOT welcomed here. So if you are a tree hugging environmentalist, animal rights activist, feminist, far right left politically this is the place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zayo Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7