ZING ENERGY

ZING ENERGY Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom5 reviews

Just awful

I worked at Zing Energy for just under two months.They don't provide you with any training what so ever and just expect you to 'pick it up' (Bear in mind this was my first job in the 'Eco Industry') and I was moved around between their two departments (multiple times) Operations and Compliance before I had a chance to settle into either of the roles.If you turn up on time, take your lunch and leave on time they will look down their nose at you so if you want to work for this company, say goodbye to work/life balance as they will expect you to be coming in early and staying late to work unpaid hours.Their staff turnover is outstandingly high, during the two months I was there, three new members of staff were dismissed including myself. People burn bridges and leave solid employment behind to join this 'company' and they just dismiss them after a few months.The reason I was dismissed according to the two Directors of the business was because I wasn't picking it up quick enough and 'didn't sound like I wanted to be on the phone to customers'. Perhaps if I wasn't shipped back and forth between Operations and Compliance and had someone actually sit down with me and show me the ropes for a couple of days things would have been very different. I have had multiple customer service based jobs in the past and received nothing but positive feedback from both customers and my previous employers from my phone calls, perhaps if they trained me in the slightest amount so I had a clue what I was talking about on the phone, I would have been more enthusiastic.

A challenging, rewarding place to work

Zing Energy is an ever developing company in a very fast paced industry. With this, the company offers a lot of challenges and is a great place for someone who wants to develop themselves. The Company is very family like while still managing to keep a professional boundary, I have always felt very at ease and secure in both my job & the office itself. The Company is growing at a quick rate meaning feedback is always something that is taken onboard and used from every role in the company to grow to the next step, you can always be heard, even from the very top of the Company - something which is so valuable to an employee. I find the office dynamic to be the most enjoyable I have ever been in within the working world

Pros

Company Support, Progression

Insights into ZING ENERGY

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness

Avoid at all costs

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for.Disorganised, chaotic and always bending the rules. You are expected to work past you contracted hours and looked down on if you don’t, you are made to feel insignificant at almost every opportunity. The owners of this company are completely out of touch with their own business and only see and hear what ever makes them money, they disregard that their staff actually have a life outside of Zing Energy. This company won’t last so anybody looking to change their career go with a company that actually cares about you and invests in the people they employee.

Flexible and Forward-Thinking

I've worked for Zing Energy for almost 6 years and I have been given many opportunities to continue my personal development and in that time I've progressed from basic administration to a more managerial role. I am now training to be a skilled professional in my chosen field and have the support of the directorate to further my career in Domestic Retrofit.A flexible place to work based around a 9-5 work week, with an informal yet professional working environment where independent learning and the ability to work under pressure is very much valued. Zing Energy is a highly accredited company in a strong position to operate in the energy efficiency sector for years to come. We have an experienced team who will provide support to enthusiastic new starters who showcase a willingness to learn.

Pros

Quarterly team building days, personal development & progression, flexible working

Productive, challenging fun place to work

Zing Energy is a great place to work if you are in to new challenges and exploring your capabilities. I have learnt so much in my time at Zing and the company has helped me grow as individual. The management team are great and listed to peoples ideas on how to improve situations throughout the business. Everyone at Zing is treated equally, and the directors have a fair approach in managing. At my time at Zing I have always felt valued as a team member. The workplace culture is fun and sociable, yet we all know there is work to be done and we all work hard to get the tasks done. Hardest part of the job is that it is fast paced, but I actually enjoy the fast paced environment at the same time. If you are looking to work for a company who want to develop you as an individual and feel you can contribute in making the business grow, but also work with a team who feel like family then Zing is the place for you :)

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

The directors banter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZING ENERGY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement