Zizzi
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Zizzi Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working for them. However was made redundant. At my branch they were flexible with hours. However many are split shifts. And late nights. Discounts are good
I worked many years in Zizzi company, and never felt appriciated by my Ops or any other manager. Promises they feeding people to keep them as long as possible in a company. Myself waited 3 years to get any sort of payrise i have been promised, was giving goals to achieve and as soon as is done you have to prove yourself to bosses again and again. Woking with short of staff both Foh And Boh on daily basis - cutting hours is one of main task from restaurant managers. Contracted 48 hrs a week and rota have to be done with 53 alocated hours to all Gm's and Am's as part of brake times you physically have no chance to take. Around 1200 people made redundant by phone, one of directors was just reading out of papers. To get money company owed you for time of period and for holliday you have earned we have to fill in bunch of paperwork it took very long time, and if you have any questions there is no way to contact anyone in regards to pay after redundancy.
Pros
Nice people to meet
Cons
Long hours, working under pressure
If you fit its a good place to work, you need to be out going and make people listen to you to work here, the managers try to support you how they can. However they lack empathy or understanding to personal, family or health issues. It's an ideal job for someone without children or other responsibilities, who likes to work long hours.
Pros
A lot of hours if your a strong worker
Cons
Not much flexibility or understanding to personal issues such as health or family obligations.
Slave labour is an understatement, head office will save money wherever they can and don’t care about what goes on in their restaurants. Eternally short staffed and being asked to work on your days off, chefs come and go via a revolving door due to how poorly the company treats them. Senior management from head office is absolutely clueless and seems to only care about how to save up for glossy awards galas The company motto amongst staff is ‘this company doesn’t care about people anymore’
Pros
Great place to make good friends if you get a good team to work with
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Friendly workplace , very welcoming all of the staff are lovely and helpful when stressed , only flaw is lack of communication with COVID however it is a tough time so this is understandable.
Zizzi was a positive environment to work in, lots of hours offered but management mostly considered your needs when asking for time off or more hours. It is a fast paced busy job so requires you to put some hard work in, so don’t apply if you are looking for a laid back relaxed job.
Pros
Perk, good team, fun environment
Cons
Stressful, long hours
Busy. So many multitasking at one time. fridge and freezer upstairs. had to go up and down very often. So heavy. The most enjoyable part is when the customer are happy with the foods and order it again for the second time.
I would like to work for zizzi again, so at the moment I'm unemployed two daughters to feed I miss to do such good job, miss all the sistem of costumer service love zizzi s food and atmosphere
It was an all round horrible experience, only consider it if you’re desperate and really need a job immediately—otherwise wait and look elsewhere. Terrible management and non existent training in a company that really doesn’t give a s**t about any of the staff who work for them (including managers who were working so hard they were stressed and visibly upset by the everyday job there).
A day at work at Zizzi restaurant was like get changed then start preparing food for next day then out front searving customer's making pizza pasta doing starters cleaning kitchen.
Love working for zizzi overall its a good company to work for .People are friendly and always smiling. .
Pros
Great Operation Manager, Good Bonus
Cons
Long hours.
When went in to this job i was promised a lot of hours, i was given the job on the day of my interview. When we started in the aylesbury branch, being brand new it was super busy and i did have a lot of hours, maybe too many at first. As the weeks went on we got quieter due to not a lot of rust and with out any discussion my hours were slowly being taken away from me. I went from over 40 to 15 at maximum. I then when finishing my 2 hour shift i had on a Friday night went to tidy up and leave and my my manager aware of me leaving as i had plans straight after, my manager said " if you think you are leaving now, you may as well go and not come back". My hourly rate was only 6.15.
Overall, I had a good experience. I enjoyed working in a large and busy environment. I learnt a few things that I wasn’t aware of, such as : working with the big team of people and working for a big company.
Pros
Good place for experience
Cons
Not for a cereer
That's how I've felt working in Zizzi in Romford shopping centre 2nd floor the very ;ast restaurant in the isle right next to cinema (often times visitors are on the way to the cinema or just from it). The hours wasn't ideal, with Monday to Thursday's nearly always day's off and usually working on weekends (doubles if you full tme). However, people do leave tips, service is easy, restaurant wibe is casual and not too poshy. I've got fired because I've used managers ID to edit my tables, not nice I admit but didn't thought it'll end up in my
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Days off
Just stress at work without any support from the area manager, who just want you to fail and leave the business specially if he doesn’t like you so don’t apply for Zizzi’s
On a quiet day it it lovely to work there, but on a busy day it gets very stressful as everything is rushed due to the high number of orders that are being taken
A pleasant place to work, with the possibility of self-development. Work in a small team, with the opportunity to explore each section in the kitchen.
Enjoyed my time with them, have furthered myself more and have helped grow the company, built teams and worked with some amazing people, would recommend to work there
All of the staff were very nice and they was very welcoming as well. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment while working at Zizzi's, they were also very good at training me up.
A good team to work for and the menu is very good. The management aren't as good as they could be mostly from their managers/bosses and head office penny pinching and cutting as much as possible to maximise their profit margins. If the company had a shake-up and genuinely aimed to keep staff from finding other work they wouldn't be so rigid with the poor rate of pay offered. I worked for the company for five years, starting as a temp and moved to supervisor. They wanted me to progress to Assistant Manager. Soon after I was offered a job at a competitors for a much better rate for the same job and back in Zizzi I was told if I want more money I have to move up the ladder. That is how you lose staff. No respect for dedicated, hard working employees. No recognition. No fair pay. One job, one rate.
As a chef there are a great number of responsibilities, such as food preparation, defrosting, opening or closing of sections as well as cleaning at the end of the day can drain an individual. However the coworker are a great help and help one another. It is a suitable workplace for individual which love to cook.
  1. Employee reviews