Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited

Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited Employee Reviews

Featured review
Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited selected this as a representative review
I totally enjoyed my time with Zonal Retail Data Systems Ltd. The job was rewarding and changed on a daily basis as you usually worked at a different site each day. The team I worked with were fun, professional and supported me throughout my time. I learned so much about myself in this job. To be prepared organised but also to think on my feet and take on challenges that were presented to me.
Zonal claim to be a family company but they treat their staff like a number in a prison, PR do a fantastic job of promoting this its a shame the other departments don't put in the same effort , HR department is useless , private and confidential doesn't exist. Engineer managers haven't got a clue what goes on in the field, if you complain to them or HR you will end up with a Improvement note like half if not more of the engineering team. Some engineers north of the country doing 12 days straight. Sure the PR/HR team will be on here soon to write some more fake reviews. No career progression at all for engineers, pay isnt great and pay rise is pointless for what you get, at least ive left this great family company - not even a thanks for your hard work when i left
Pros
Free breakfast - only if you work at the head office
Cons
Management / HR
Thoroughly enjoyable job which brings a new challenge every day. Certainly not a conventional Account Management role, there's quite an opportunity to get hand on and learn more about the technology behind the products.Career progression is there if you want it, obviously it's not just going to fall into your lap so expect to work hard.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review!It's great to know how much you enjoy your role.
I have worked for many company’s. and this one stands out. It is a family run and owned company and the owners are down to earth , straight talking and engaging people. Great place to work
Pros
Flexibility, free breakfast, free drinks, free fruit. Development and advancement opportunity’s.
Cons
For me it’s the location. But the pros outweigh this.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks you for leaving such a positive review! It's great to know you're happy!
A shambles from start to finish, From payment methods and dates to actual clarity on whether contractor or Full time contracted status, its all chaotic and disorganised including final pay and payslips. Fired a lot of team at start of Covid-19 to then taking some back on a few days later on Furlough to save face, pretty much no communication throughout Furlough until told your being let go out of the blue. HR arrogant and give conflicting advice Management weak and no real idea what's going on Expense system extremely slow Turn upto jobs to find they have been cancelled after travelling over 2 1/2 hours or finding 2 people have turned up to do same role Hugh turnover of staff even before Covid-19 struck Absolutely nowhere near the family ethos that is portrayed via PR Avoid
Pros
Field teams friendly and helpful
Cons
Dis organized & chaotic
Good company to work for with excellent benefits, great staff members with a good team morale. Fast paced work with a relaxed environment great for learning new skills
What a mess. Noone here has a clue what they are doing. They claim that they treat people like family - they bully staff and lay people off left right and centre. I wouldn't treat my family like this. Due to covid19 they have been getting rid of people and the way that HR and management have dealt with this is shocking. The HR team don't have a clue and are not supportive in the least.
During Covid19 a lot of team were laid off. This is understandable as we work with the hospitality industry, however the way that the Company dealt with this was very poor. No communication, no meetings, no thank you for years of service.
Pros
Excellent Products
Cons
Working away ftom home all week
Found a culture of bullying, information not passed on. If you had a problem or needed help , the answer was "you've been told once". Overtime not paid, 12 days straight on without a break, poor management, nothing nice to say about the company. Thankful I don't work there anymore.
Really lovely company - however if working with them as a contractor you may not get work every day. Management is supportive and the team of trainers are good people who I worked with.
My manager expect us to do free overtime all the time. When I said I wasn’t up for doing it anymore he got aggressive and offered me outside. I just left the company then and there. Totally unprofessional place of work with many health and safety issues. Also a bully culture from management.
Fast-moving technology company that always keeps it fresh. I really enjoyed working there, was involved in lots of exciting projects and made some great friends.
Overall job role was fairly good working on Epos equipment, however Very long hours worked oncall, I personally felt it was not enough money to cover the loss of own time enjoying your private life. I felt like living to work.
Very relaxed company which is built on the success its staff. Lots of opportunities to move through the company. Worked as a contractor and felt like a permanent member of staff. Training for the job was enjoyable as was the job itself. Enjoyable part was travelling to customer sites all over the country and meeting great customers.
Friendly. relaxed, positive atmosphere while allowing employees multiple opportunities to shine and further develop - plus the company benefits are excellent!!! Staff are well looked after and rewarded with many people progressing and developing.
After working nearly a ten hour shift, they would call you to dump another call out on you. If you get home a few minutes early they would try and send another call, which could be several hours drive away and take a few hours to fix! Poor work life balance. Working 12 days on and 2 days off at one point. Low salary, below inflation pay rises.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, weekends, poor salary
I was here for IT experience and the role was a more 2nd Line role. The pay was awful, given it was shifts and open all year around it should of been a lot more money. It was a depressing place to work and glad I was there less than a year.
Cons
Poor shifts and very poor pay
Zonal are a large company working within a very busy and fast paced market. The line staff are by and large all excellent, and keenly focused on their jobs - but there's some disconnect between line staff and management which causes problems.
Days can be long and challenging but all efforts are fully appreciated, great place to work, there can be a lot of travelling involved and long hours. You get to meet and work with some really nice people
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
a lot of travel
Zonal have been riding the crest of a wave picking up most of the Oracle business that they lost when they retired Torex. Most of the customers boarded in the last 3 years have been large restaurant chains. Since the beginning of 2017, the sales pipelines have gone quiet so the services departments are being shrunk.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Priorities are always changing
Working on a part time basis with a great team who want to do a great job. There is LOTS to do so a positive attitude, good team work and willingness to get stuck in is essential. Everybody within the company is very helpful and whilst working hard seem to have a fun time.
Pros
Free breakfast, drinks and fruit. Social events.
Cons
None yet.