Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited

Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited Job security & advancement reviews

Featured review
Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited selected this as a representative review
I totally enjoyed my time with Zonal Retail Data Systems Ltd. The job was rewarding and changed on a daily basis as you usually worked at a different site each day. The team I worked with were fun, professional and supported me throughout my time. I learned so much about myself in this job. To be prepared organised but also to think on my feet and take on challenges that were presented to me.
Zonal claim to be a family company but they treat their staff like a number in a prison, PR do a fantastic job of promoting this its a shame the other departments don't put in the same effort , HR department is useless , private and confidential doesn't exist. Engineer managers haven't got a clue what goes on in the field, if you complain to them or HR you will end up with a Improvement note like half if not more of the engineering team. Some engineers north of the country doing 12 days straight. Sure the PR/HR team will be on here soon to write some more fake reviews. No career progression at all for engineers, pay isnt great and pay rise is pointless for what you get, at least ive left this great family company - not even a thanks for your hard work when i left
Pros
Free breakfast - only if you work at the head office
Cons
Management / HR
Thoroughly enjoyable job which brings a new challenge every day. Certainly not a conventional Account Management role, there's quite an opportunity to get hand on and learn more about the technology behind the products.Career progression is there if you want it, obviously it's not just going to fall into your lap so expect to work hard.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review!It's great to know how much you enjoy your role.
I have worked for many company’s. and this one stands out. It is a family run and owned company and the owners are down to earth , straight talking and engaging people. Great place to work
Pros
Flexibility, free breakfast, free drinks, free fruit. Development and advancement opportunity’s.
Cons
For me it’s the location. But the pros outweigh this.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks you for leaving such a positive review! It's great to know you're happy!
A shambles from start to finish, From payment methods and dates to actual clarity on whether contractor or Full time contracted status, its all chaotic and disorganised including final pay and payslips. Fired a lot of team at start of Covid-19 to then taking some back on a few days later on Furlough to save face, pretty much no communication throughout Furlough until told your being let go out of the blue. HR arrogant and give conflicting advice Management weak and no real idea what's going on Expense system extremely slow Turn upto jobs to find they have been cancelled after travelling over 2 1/2 hours or finding 2 people have turned up to do same role Hugh turnover of staff even before Covid-19 struck Absolutely nowhere near the family ethos that is portrayed via PR Avoid
Pros
Field teams friendly and helpful
Cons
Dis organized & chaotic
Good company to work for with excellent benefits, great staff members with a good team morale. Fast paced work with a relaxed environment great for learning new skills
During Covid19 a lot of team were laid off. This is understandable as we work with the hospitality industry, however the way that the Company dealt with this was very poor. No communication, no meetings, no thank you for years of service.
Pros
Excellent Products
Cons
Working away ftom home all week
Found a culture of bullying, information not passed on. If you had a problem or needed help , the answer was "you've been told once". Overtime not paid, 12 days straight on without a break, poor management, nothing nice to say about the company. Thankful I don't work there anymore.
Fast-moving technology company that always keeps it fresh. I really enjoyed working there, was involved in lots of exciting projects and made some great friends.
Very relaxed company which is built on the success its staff. Lots of opportunities to move through the company. Worked as a contractor and felt like a permanent member of staff. Training for the job was enjoyable as was the job itself. Enjoyable part was travelling to customer sites all over the country and meeting great customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited?
Friendly. relaxed, positive atmosphere while allowing employees multiple opportunities to shine and further develop - plus the company benefits are excellent!!! Staff are well looked after and rewarded with many people progressing and developing.
I've worked for Zonal now for nearly 6 months and genuinely have been at my happiest in a role ever. I have flexibility to work as I choose as long as I fulfil my job role. As someone that detests being micromanaged this has been so refreshing and great to be treated like a grown up! The company ethos is good. I'm field based but there is lots of opportunity to interact with other members of the Zonal team, so I have regular conversations with colleagues about product and cross sell opportunities. As a company it's clear that Zonal strive to remain at the forefront of their offering to the hospitality industry. Products evolve regularly and also successfully, with new products being launched into the market at a regular pace. Our customers also hold Zonal in high regard which is always very lovely to hear and gives a true reflection of a company. Senior Management are good and approachable, taking an genuine interest in what I am doing. I feel my opinion genuinely matters and I'm respected in my role. I have a clear plan in place already for career progression which keeps things interesting. Honestly, I have no gripes .......
My technical role at Zonal offers me everything that I look for in an ideal job; this also means that no two days are the same. Zonal are extremely flexible with my working time, incredibly accommodating, and will always try to help you wherever they can. There is a wonderful culture at Zonal, and everyone genuinely tries to help you wherever they can, and despite being quite a large business, it still has the intimacy of feeling family run. Zonal offers me development, paths for progression, and always supports me through every situation.
Working at Zonal is fun, challenging and really rewarding. It's the first company I have worked for that is really honest in its approach, always has the customers needs at the forefront of the work that we complete and support, and that really takes care of its employees. We all work hard and are motivated to do so by the excellent benefits, rewards and praise that we receive for our efforts. The management is supportive and I have learned a great deal in my first year here. The hardest part of the role for me is really the same as with any with every company I have worked for. Mainly if communication breaks down and quality is effected as a result. Obviously as a tester this is highly important to me and my role, so it is always frustrating when we are unable to deliver the level of quality I would like (but that is mainly because I am a perfectionist!). Thankfully it doesn't happen that often here and I count myself lucky to work with a talented and close-knit team in the R&D department. I honestly couldn't imagine working anywhere else now and look forward to a long and fruitful career at Zonal.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Soft Drinks and Tea/Coffee. Benefits and Bonuses.
Cons
Communication can sometimes cause issues
Zonal is a great place to work for. The Company is growing fast giving great job security and opportunities for progression for those with the right skills and attitude. The employee centred culture makes it a fun place to work and which adds to a good overall benefits package.
Pros
Great benefits package, free fruit, breakfast and drinks
A typical day includes training new employees to be a helpdesk analyst. Also creating new troubleshooting documents for the helpdesk and creating new training courses on existing software. The role also entails covering/helping out on the helpdesk to keep my support and customer services skills fresh Involving people is the most important skill to learn. To engage and encourage people to be their best. My co-workers (Helpdesk Analysts) are the hardest workers I have known. The most difficult aspect would be inspiration for training courses to keep them interesting and engaging. The most enjoyable part is seeing the new analysts doing a brilliant job!
Pros
Employee development, benefits and co-workers
Cons
further promotions not always available
Worked for R&D for several years. Good people and a relaxed atmosphere. Open communication between all levels of management and co-workers. Still in a state of change so there can sometimes be a clash between old and new office processes. Challenging work but not stressful. Good job security and plenty of opportunity for advancement for those willing to take it.
Pros
Good People, Flexible hours, Relaxed dress code, Free snacks, Pool/Table Tennis room
Cons
Things can sometimes be done a little on the fly making it hectic.
Zonal is a growing company with a fantastic culture. There is a real passion for the solutions and service the company provide and everyone shares the same commitment to ensure the company is successful. There is a strong teamwork attitude throughout all the offices, there's always someone around to give you a helping hand.
Pros
Innovative, culture, relaxed working environment
Zonal is rapidly growing company developing lots of innovative new products using the latest technologies. A very supportive environment and a company that is always striving to grow existing employees.
With only being a contract it was only short term. The Overall Experiance and knowledge i gain was fantastic
Pros
Always assistance when needed
Cons
Schedule constantly Changing
If based in Head office , field or down south it is a good place to work for.
Pros
Stable
Cons
not many cons