Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited

Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited Management reviews

Featured review
Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited selected this as a representative review
I totally enjoyed my time with Zonal Retail Data Systems Ltd. The job was rewarding and changed on a daily basis as you usually worked at a different site each day. The team I worked with were fun, professional and supported me throughout my time. I learned so much about myself in this job. To be prepared organised but also to think on my feet and take on challenges that were presented to me.
Zonal claim to be a family company but they treat their staff like a number in a prison, PR do a fantastic job of promoting this its a shame the other departments don't put in the same effort , HR department is useless , private and confidential doesn't exist. Engineer managers haven't got a clue what goes on in the field, if you complain to them or HR you will end up with a Improvement note like half if not more of the engineering team. Some engineers north of the country doing 12 days straight. Sure the PR/HR team will be on here soon to write some more fake reviews. No career progression at all for engineers, pay isnt great and pay rise is pointless for what you get, at least ive left this great family company - not even a thanks for your hard work when i left
Pros
Free breakfast - only if you work at the head office
Cons
Management / HR
Thoroughly enjoyable job which brings a new challenge every day. Certainly not a conventional Account Management role, there's quite an opportunity to get hand on and learn more about the technology behind the products.Career progression is there if you want it, obviously it's not just going to fall into your lap so expect to work hard.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review!It's great to know how much you enjoy your role.
A shambles from start to finish, From payment methods and dates to actual clarity on whether contractor or Full time contracted status, its all chaotic and disorganised including final pay and payslips. Fired a lot of team at start of Covid-19 to then taking some back on a few days later on Furlough to save face, pretty much no communication throughout Furlough until told your being let go out of the blue. HR arrogant and give conflicting advice Management weak and no real idea what's going on Expense system extremely slow Turn upto jobs to find they have been cancelled after travelling over 2 1/2 hours or finding 2 people have turned up to do same role Hugh turnover of staff even before Covid-19 struck Absolutely nowhere near the family ethos that is portrayed via PR Avoid
Pros
Field teams friendly and helpful
Cons
Dis organized & chaotic
What a mess. Noone here has a clue what they are doing. They claim that they treat people like family - they bully staff and lay people off left right and centre. I wouldn't treat my family like this. Due to covid19 they have been getting rid of people and the way that HR and management have dealt with this is shocking. The HR team don't have a clue and are not supportive in the least.
Found a culture of bullying, information not passed on. If you had a problem or needed help , the answer was "you've been told once". Overtime not paid, 12 days straight on without a break, poor management, nothing nice to say about the company. Thankful I don't work there anymore.
Really lovely company - however if working with them as a contractor you may not get work every day. Management is supportive and the team of trainers are good people who I worked with.
My manager expect us to do free overtime all the time. When I said I wasn’t up for doing it anymore he got aggressive and offered me outside. I just left the company then and there. Totally unprofessional place of work with many health and safety issues. Also a bully culture from management.
Zonal are a large company working within a very busy and fast paced market. The line staff are by and large all excellent, and keenly focused on their jobs - but there's some disconnect between line staff and management which causes problems.
I've worked for Zonal now for nearly 6 months and genuinely have been at my happiest in a role ever. I have flexibility to work as I choose as long as I fulfil my job role. As someone that detests being micromanaged this has been so refreshing and great to be treated like a grown up! The company ethos is good. I'm field based but there is lots of opportunity to interact with other members of the Zonal team, so I have regular conversations with colleagues about product and cross sell opportunities. As a company it's clear that Zonal strive to remain at the forefront of their offering to the hospitality industry. Products evolve regularly and also successfully, with new products being launched into the market at a regular pace. Our customers also hold Zonal in high regard which is always very lovely to hear and gives a true reflection of a company. Senior Management are good and approachable, taking an genuine interest in what I am doing. I feel my opinion genuinely matters and I'm respected in my role. I have a clear plan in place already for career progression which keeps things interesting. Honestly, I have no gripes .......
I have worked in several IT roles and this one is possibly the worst. The clique mentality of those who have been there for years verges on bullying of staff. The place is open every day of the year and as a result the hours are terrible, in relation to the pay, it is worse than a call centre. Thankfully I wasn't there for long and am easily earning more than double of what I was getting there with much better hours. Not a recommended place to work.
Pros
Cons
Poor hours, clique mentality, awful pay
Working at Zonal is fun, challenging and really rewarding. It's the first company I have worked for that is really honest in its approach, always has the customers needs at the forefront of the work that we complete and support, and that really takes care of its employees. We all work hard and are motivated to do so by the excellent benefits, rewards and praise that we receive for our efforts. The management is supportive and I have learned a great deal in my first year here. The hardest part of the role for me is really the same as with any with every company I have worked for. Mainly if communication breaks down and quality is effected as a result. Obviously as a tester this is highly important to me and my role, so it is always frustrating when we are unable to deliver the level of quality I would like (but that is mainly because I am a perfectionist!). Thankfully it doesn't happen that often here and I count myself lucky to work with a talented and close-knit team in the R&D department. I honestly couldn't imagine working anywhere else now and look forward to a long and fruitful career at Zonal.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Soft Drinks and Tea/Coffee. Benefits and Bonuses.
Cons
Communication can sometimes cause issues
A typical day is productive and proactive filled with laughter. Learning different aspects of the job and sector. Management are inspiring and quirky, they want to be the best. Everyone here is approachable and fun, so much laughter and so relaxed. The hardest part of the job is getting the knowledge of all the different roles. Most enjoyable part is interacting with the department, assessment days and learning something new everyday.
Pros
Fruit, soft drinks, relaxed atmosphere, company growth.
Cons
Parking
Working for Zonal is great - the company culture is something which needs to be highlighted. If you want to work for a company that appreciates each employee then Zonal is for you. The day to day running of the company, and working in the office is always fun. I think Zonal has its own unique personality - the mix of people is fab. I have learnt a lot whilst working at Zonal and I know I will continue to develop. Management are great, and everyone is willing to help you with anything. The best bit about working for Zonal is getting to know all the other great people that work for the company too!
Pros
Free drinks, breakfast, fruit 33 days holiday... the people!
Worked for R&D for several years. Good people and a relaxed atmosphere. Open communication between all levels of management and co-workers. Still in a state of change so there can sometimes be a clash between old and new office processes. Challenging work but not stressful. Good job security and plenty of opportunity for advancement for those willing to take it.
Pros
Good People, Flexible hours, Relaxed dress code, Free snacks, Pool/Table Tennis room
Cons
Things can sometimes be done a little on the fly making it hectic.
Good company with less pressure in terms of jobs closed per day. Management is very good and ready to accommodate your work place to your life. Engineers help each others at any time of the day.
Pros
No pressure from the management
Cons
Travelling distances