Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited

Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited Pay & benefits reviews

Featured review
Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited selected this as a representative review
I totally enjoyed my time with Zonal Retail Data Systems Ltd. The job was rewarding and changed on a daily basis as you usually worked at a different site each day. The team I worked with were fun, professional and supported me throughout my time. I learned so much about myself in this job. To be prepared organised but also to think on my feet and take on challenges that were presented to me.
Good company to work for with excellent benefits, great staff members with a good team morale. Fast paced work with a relaxed environment great for learning new skills
Overall job role was fairly good working on Epos equipment, however Very long hours worked oncall, I personally felt it was not enough money to cover the loss of own time enjoying your private life. I felt like living to work.
Friendly. relaxed, positive atmosphere while allowing employees multiple opportunities to shine and further develop - plus the company benefits are excellent!!! Staff are well looked after and rewarded with many people progressing and developing.
After working nearly a ten hour shift, they would call you to dump another call out on you. If you get home a few minutes early they would try and send another call, which could be several hours drive away and take a few hours to fix! Poor work life balance. Working 12 days on and 2 days off at one point. Low salary, below inflation pay rises.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, weekends, poor salary
Days can be long and challenging but all efforts are fully appreciated, great place to work, there can be a lot of travelling involved and long hours. You get to meet and work with some really nice people
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
a lot of travel
Working on a part time basis with a great team who want to do a great job. There is LOTS to do so a positive attitude, good team work and willingness to get stuck in is essential. Everybody within the company is very helpful and whilst working hard seem to have a fun time.
Pros
Free breakfast, drinks and fruit. Social events.
Cons
None yet.
Can't say more than above - this is not to bad place to work. Some people there are just more than great and this people make this place great to work, but some people abuse their position.
Pros
free refreshments, free weekends
Cons
hours
Working at Zonal is fun, challenging and really rewarding. It's the first company I have worked for that is really honest in its approach, always has the customers needs at the forefront of the work that we complete and support, and that really takes care of its employees. We all work hard and are motivated to do so by the excellent benefits, rewards and praise that we receive for our efforts. The management is supportive and I have learned a great deal in my first year here. The hardest part of the role for me is really the same as with any with every company I have worked for. Mainly if communication breaks down and quality is effected as a result. Obviously as a tester this is highly important to me and my role, so it is always frustrating when we are unable to deliver the level of quality I would like (but that is mainly because I am a perfectionist!). Thankfully it doesn't happen that often here and I count myself lucky to work with a talented and close-knit team in the R&D department. I honestly couldn't imagine working anywhere else now and look forward to a long and fruitful career at Zonal.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Soft Drinks and Tea/Coffee. Benefits and Bonuses.
Cons
Communication can sometimes cause issues
Zonal is a great place to work for. The Company is growing fast giving great job security and opportunities for progression for those with the right skills and attitude. The employee centred culture makes it a fun place to work and which adds to a good overall benefits package.
Pros
Great benefits package, free fruit, breakfast and drinks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited?
A typical day includes training new employees to be a helpdesk analyst. Also creating new troubleshooting documents for the helpdesk and creating new training courses on existing software. The role also entails covering/helping out on the helpdesk to keep my support and customer services skills fresh Involving people is the most important skill to learn. To engage and encourage people to be their best. My co-workers (Helpdesk Analysts) are the hardest workers I have known. The most difficult aspect would be inspiration for training courses to keep them interesting and engaging. The most enjoyable part is seeing the new analysts doing a brilliant job!
Pros
Employee development, benefits and co-workers
Cons
further promotions not always available
Tanfield is a really great place to work, it's a really nice environment for the staff. Zonal people are friendly and welcoming. It is hard work but it's rewarding.
Pros
Free breakfast, nice environment, free coffee
Cons
Good company with less pressure in terms of jobs closed per day. Management is very good and ready to accommodate your work place to your life. Engineers help each others at any time of the day.
Pros
No pressure from the management
Cons
Travelling distances