Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited

Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited selected this as a representative review
I totally enjoyed my time with Zonal Retail Data Systems Ltd. The job was rewarding and changed on a daily basis as you usually worked at a different site each day. The team I worked with were fun, professional and supported me throughout my time. I learned so much about myself in this job. To be prepared organised but also to think on my feet and take on challenges that were presented to me.
Thoroughly enjoyable job which brings a new challenge every day. Certainly not a conventional Account Management role, there's quite an opportunity to get hand on and learn more about the technology behind the products.Career progression is there if you want it, obviously it's not just going to fall into your lap so expect to work hard.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review!It's great to know how much you enjoy your role.
I have worked for many company’s. and this one stands out. It is a family run and owned company and the owners are down to earth , straight talking and engaging people. Great place to work
Pros
Flexibility, free breakfast, free drinks, free fruit. Development and advancement opportunity’s.
Cons
For me it’s the location. But the pros outweigh this.
Official response from Zonal Retail Data Systems Limited
23 September 2020
Thanks you for leaving such a positive review! It's great to know you're happy!
Fast-moving technology company that always keeps it fresh. I really enjoyed working there, was involved in lots of exciting projects and made some great friends.
Overall job role was fairly good working on Epos equipment, however Very long hours worked oncall, I personally felt it was not enough money to cover the loss of own time enjoying your private life. I felt like living to work.
Friendly. relaxed, positive atmosphere while allowing employees multiple opportunities to shine and further develop - plus the company benefits are excellent!!! Staff are well looked after and rewarded with many people progressing and developing.
After working nearly a ten hour shift, they would call you to dump another call out on you. If you get home a few minutes early they would try and send another call, which could be several hours drive away and take a few hours to fix! Poor work life balance. Working 12 days on and 2 days off at one point. Low salary, below inflation pay rises.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, weekends, poor salary
Days can be long and challenging but all efforts are fully appreciated, great place to work, there can be a lot of travelling involved and long hours. You get to meet and work with some really nice people
Pros
all expenses paid
Cons
a lot of travel
I've worked for Zonal now for nearly 6 months and genuinely have been at my happiest in a role ever. I have flexibility to work as I choose as long as I fulfil my job role. As someone that detests being micromanaged this has been so refreshing and great to be treated like a grown up! The company ethos is good. I'm field based but there is lots of opportunity to interact with other members of the Zonal team, so I have regular conversations with colleagues about product and cross sell opportunities. As a company it's clear that Zonal strive to remain at the forefront of their offering to the hospitality industry. Products evolve regularly and also successfully, with new products being launched into the market at a regular pace. Our customers also hold Zonal in high regard which is always very lovely to hear and gives a true reflection of a company. Senior Management are good and approachable, taking an genuine interest in what I am doing. I feel my opinion genuinely matters and I'm respected in my role. I have a clear plan in place already for career progression which keeps things interesting. Honestly, I have no gripes .......
My technical role at Zonal offers me everything that I look for in an ideal job; this also means that no two days are the same. Zonal are extremely flexible with my working time, incredibly accommodating, and will always try to help you wherever they can. There is a wonderful culture at Zonal, and everyone genuinely tries to help you wherever they can, and despite being quite a large business, it still has the intimacy of feeling family run. Zonal offers me development, paths for progression, and always supports me through every situation.
At Zonal we always put the customer first. A positive experience for our customers is the most important thing and we go 'all-out' to achieve that every day. In my role I deal directly with customers every day and always strive to deliver the best customer service and to keep information flowing clearly. The days can be long and sometimes stressful, but as long as the customers are happy and feel appreciated then that gives me great job satisfaction. The team at Zonal are great, and we have some truly dedicated industry professionals who ooze positivity which spreads good vibes. The Zonal product is cutting edge and is widely deployed around UK pubs, bars, nightclubs, theatres, bowling centres, etc, and it always make me feel proud to be a customer in one of these venues and to see Zonal's products in use. There's always something new happening at Zonal, whether it's new products, services or the latest acquisition, and that makes it an exciting company to work for where things keep moving and it feels fresh and current. There are always challenges too, but whatever the challenge is, the team at Zonal will meet it head on and will always give it everything we've got to make it an enjoyable experience for both the team and obviously for the end customer.
Pros
Exciting industry, working with wonderful customers, Zonal attracts industry experts, impressive customer portfolio, nice offices, room to develop personally
Cons
Long days, lots to learn, balancing multiple requirements, software bugs!
Working at Zonal is fun, challenging and really rewarding. It's the first company I have worked for that is really honest in its approach, always has the customers needs at the forefront of the work that we complete and support, and that really takes care of its employees. We all work hard and are motivated to do so by the excellent benefits, rewards and praise that we receive for our efforts. The management is supportive and I have learned a great deal in my first year here. The hardest part of the role for me is really the same as with any with every company I have worked for. Mainly if communication breaks down and quality is effected as a result. Obviously as a tester this is highly important to me and my role, so it is always frustrating when we are unable to deliver the level of quality I would like (but that is mainly because I am a perfectionist!). Thankfully it doesn't happen that often here and I count myself lucky to work with a talented and close-knit team in the R&D department. I honestly couldn't imagine working anywhere else now and look forward to a long and fruitful career at Zonal.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Soft Drinks and Tea/Coffee. Benefits and Bonuses.
Cons
Communication can sometimes cause issues
Zonal is a great place to work for. The Company is growing fast giving great job security and opportunities for progression for those with the right skills and attitude. The employee centred culture makes it a fun place to work and which adds to a good overall benefits package.
Pros
Great benefits package, free fruit, breakfast and drinks
Worked for R&D for several years. Good people and a relaxed atmosphere. Open communication between all levels of management and co-workers. Still in a state of change so there can sometimes be a clash between old and new office processes. Challenging work but not stressful. Good job security and plenty of opportunity for advancement for those willing to take it.
Pros
Good People, Flexible hours, Relaxed dress code, Free snacks, Pool/Table Tennis room
Cons
Things can sometimes be done a little on the fly making it hectic.
Zonal is a growing company with a fantastic culture. There is a real passion for the solutions and service the company provide and everyone shares the same commitment to ensure the company is successful. There is a strong teamwork attitude throughout all the offices, there's always someone around to give you a helping hand.
Pros
Innovative, culture, relaxed working environment
Zonal is rapidly growing company developing lots of innovative new products using the latest technologies. A very supportive environment and a company that is always striving to grow existing employees.
Tanfield is a really great place to work, it's a really nice environment for the staff. Zonal people are friendly and welcoming. It is hard work but it's rewarding.
Pros
Free breakfast, nice environment, free coffee
Cons
Good company with less pressure in terms of jobs closed per day. Management is very good and ready to accommodate your work place to your life. Engineers help each others at any time of the day.
Pros
No pressure from the management
Cons
Travelling distances