ZSL London Zoo

ZSL London Zoo Management reviews

The people care so much about the animals and the zoo as a whole, but the decisions come from ppl in the offices who usually have never worked in the zoo, so their decisions were often not practical.Not enough was done to protect the public-facing staff.
Pros
Discounts, free zoo tickets, seeing animals, kind staff
Cons
Not amazing pay, management is frustrating and often don't know what they're doing, prioritise animals based on the profit they bring
Replenish the store when it still close, help the guest when it's open, jump on tills when necessary. I learned a lot, for example how to be multi tasks. Management is good. Their culture is the guest come first. The hardest part of the job were the collegues, the enviroment was too competitive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the amazing variety of animals and that you were working to feed and help the animals.
Pros
Charity
Cons
Competition
My typical day at work was tidying up and re-stocking the shop, I learned how to work within a massive team of staff. The management wasnt the best I have had but was ok. the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff
I had a overall good experience and the busy day-to-day workplace positively challenged me with the different tasks or placements in sections everyday (from counter serving, being runner on the dinning floor or working in the kitchen). I found management very helpful and encouraging all staff to improve and grow in the company. I would of stayed at this employment if it was closer to my home. And if I had not struggled to keep the balance being a full-time student with their fixed working hours.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff and helpful management.
Cons
Long hours (very fixed/set) and short breaks.
good staff and job security most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with the public, fantastic management, good job opportunities
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of shifts
It was a great challenge for a long summer break and I met some interesting people who I still have great friendships with. The management are fun and energetic people. However this is just a temporary job role as the zoo is not open all year round and so the shifts are inconsistent, at this period I am not working there anymore.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ZSL London Zoo?