Zurich Insurance

United Kingdom80 reviews

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,116 reviews
roleexcellentteamofficestaffmanageryearenjoy

relaxed and well organised

Worked on a tactical pricing tool for use by actuaries and underwriters. Only there for 7mths but environment informal although strongly influenced by Project Lead in my case, who was down-to-earth, pragmatic and a very effective communicator when it came to delineating tasks. Work/life balance was good and I could work from home at any time.

Pros

work/life balance, culture

Cons

office could be noisy

Relaxed atmosphere, friendly team

Treated with kindness and respect by colleagues and managers, relaxed atmosphere, onsite free parking, flexible working hours if required, positive place to work

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great place to work!

I can proudly say this is a great place to work, interact and grow in the industry. I have always got along with the people I work with in the office due to the team culture created within the company.

Great culture

Really good place to work on the whole. The culture is very unique for the finance industry in that everyone is super collaborative and helpful, although I must admit I’m a grad and so can’t vouch for exec level.

Easy going rewarding

Most staff are great to work with 99.99% I would rate the work life balance excellent. Nothing to much trouble for the management if you have a problem or need help with anything work related or not

Pros

Just great place to work

Cons

Great company to work for

Zurich have a fantastic work/home life balance and are a very supportive employer. Mental health is at the forefront of their employee support mechanism and the managers are trustworthy and encourage all staff to succeed and improve. The pay is good, the benefits are excellent and the offices are modern and comfy. An annual bonus is there for the taking and staff are rewarded in other ways too. There are various departments across Glasgow so always opportunities to learn and develop

Pros

Salary, benefits, colleagues

Cons

None so far and it’s been 3 years

Working in a temporary position

I'm working within a hard working team environment of people that are easy going but conciensous about their work. The training was very effective and a very good & fair team manager.

Pros

Extra half hour a week continental break & working from home.

Cons

I'm only doing a small part which means it is very repetitive.

Productive and fun workplace

A great company to work, where I learned many great skills that have helped me through my career. Zurich is a company I regret leaving but I had to leave due to a redundancy situation

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Busy, fast paced, lack of security

Always something going on, a lot of fun and motivational activities. There is a lack of job security, the business is always downsizing by redundancies or TUPE

Behind the times

It's a big brand, that's it. They look good on the internet and linkedin but that's not how it is behind closed doors. Technology really out-dated. Too much duplication in processing. Staff been there longer do what they want. No real progression. Internal interviews for progression always formally carried out but they still look outside the company for new staff. Too much sickness between all staff. Can't moan too much, could have been worse elsewhere.

Productive workplace

Diary management for Head of Finance, arranged meetings and travel. Processed expenses and invoices for the team. Arranged off-site meetings. Supported 4 managers a busy and supportive role.

Pros

Free Fruit

Personal Injury Claims

Whole department eventually made redundant, most work now offshore!

Very good Team and Manager

I had a pleasure to work with very good Team and Manager

Bad Management

Very poor management who do not support staff. Very "clicky" for the last 2 years I was there made my life unbearable due to the fact I took time off work while having chemotherapy - they expected me to continue to work full time, then when I went part time I was still expected to do full time work. The management want yes people and those that stand up for themselves are outcast If your looking for a job I would go somewhere else

Pros

Some people

Solid employer

My experience at Zurich was on the a whole a positive one. My managers were supportive and encouraging to my personal development. The work was varied and interesting although the workload was often in a state of backlog and the pressure was often felt within the team.

Slow moving

Frustrating, slow moving change. Poorly implemented new systems resulted in the need to maintain old systems and new ones at the same time. Cottage industry workload without fully embracing change throughout lines of business

Professional fun and flexible working environment.

Professional fun and flexible working environment. Light and spacious building, restaurant on site, career progression, emphasis on personal goal setting, friendly teams and general sense of purpose. Good benefits with flexible working and opportunities for both full and part time colleagues. In providing a balanced review, it is fair to point out some constructive points in the interest of improvement. With the UK headcount halved in less than a decade the workload for remaining colleagues has increased by at least a third, therefore focus is required on innovation aligned to keeping key experienced staff members. Short term cost cutting exercises detract from the company’s long term customer centric strategy and there is an increasing acknowledgment that Zurich is not the ‘great place to work’ it once was.

fast paced

New home warranty department,it was fast paced, busy, lots of calls, working with builders and developers, close contact with surveyors and solicitors

Not the place it was

I worked for Zurich for 13 years and experienced many changes over this time - not all for the best. As with many large organisations, Zurich seemed (and still does) to go from one major restructure to another leaving staff feeling uneasy and insecure. Their place within the UK insurance market has rapidly declined over the years and their constant drive to deliver to shareholders was at the expense of their staff. It was getting to the point where as there was less to do the critical work the more was expected of those that remained.

Pros

Excellent salary

Cons

Constant disruption

Zurich is a fab and fun place to work, get to meet and greet people from different parts of the globe

A typical day at work begins half an hour earlier before my shift begins as I prefer to get all the emails out of the way before the rush of checking in underwriter, brokers and other visitors, lots of room bookings, swapping cancelling and at times working miracles in getting that impossible room, making sure reception area is kept tidy, answering queries, taking booking for hospitality, ordering stationery, fixing equipments in meeting rooms, monitoring calls and sometime acting as security officer, chasing missing passes, making report of all overseas visitors, and any odhacduties, could be delivering hospitality or clearing meeting rooms, I have learned that you have to remain professional, calm, efficient and polite at all times , treat everyone equally and represent the company to the highest level Management are very warm, friendly, helpful,firm but fair. hard work is always rewarded. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with some of the challenging visitors, not that its hard, but uncomfortable. Satisfaction from a job well done, When you can assist someone in time of need, eg, needing a large meeting room at the last minute etc. The most enjoyable aspect is meeting people from different background and to assist them, having that little chit chat with the regular visitors, having healthy relationship with colleagues and friends.

Pros

Metting and interacting with people on a daily basis, social aspect and freebies

Cons

Early Start, long and busy hours

A mixed bag.

Great benefits and flexibility, but poor management, poor HR communication and mixed executive message. It's a big company which needs to rectify it's ground level staffing issues. There have been constant redundancy warnings in the 7 years I have worked here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement