Health Administrator job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so jobseekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Health Administrator job summary
Our health care centre needs to hire a Health Administrator to oversee both clinical and administrative operations at our satellite location. We are looking for a detail-focused individual who takes leadership seriously and understands the budgetary, time-sensitive and clinical demands of a full-service health care facility. The successful candidate will supervise all clinic workers and see to administrative tasks related to finance, staffing and department coordination. We are interested in hiring a long-term staff member who has experience with recruiting and hiring top talent. If this sounds like a good fit, submit your CV today for consideration.
Health Administrator responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the employee reports to.
- Create and oversee goals related to company spend and patient volume
- Communicate monthly and quarterly goals to all employees and adjunct staff
- Create scheduling procedures and protocols to ensure that all departments are adequately covered at all times
- Meet with Physicians, Nurses and other health care staff to determine their concerns and needs on an ongoing basis
- Find ways to reduce overall costs while maintaining consistent patient services
- Institute hiring procedures that attract and retain the top talent in the health care industry
- Oversee marketing and advertising efforts on behalf of the health care centre
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and requirements as well as in-house expectations
Health Administrator qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful employee. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration or related field required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in hospital health care administration
- Will consider doctors for position
- Ability to manage and lead health care staff efficiently and effectively