Letting Consultant job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so jobseekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Letting Consultant job summary
We own a highly-regarded luxury apartment complex in the town centre area. We pride ourselves on providing our tenants with best-in-class service through impeccable property management and responsive support. We are currently in need of an experienced and ambitious Letting Consultant. The ideal candidate will have a background in sales (preferably in the property sector) and will be motivated by the opportunity to work for salary plus commission. We offer a generous bonus structure and a luxurious work environment. Our employees are helpful and courteous, and we cultivate those same qualities in new hires. Some weekend work is required.
Letting Consultant responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the employee reports to.
- Show apartment units to prospective tenants and process move-in paperwork for qualified applicants
- Maintain a strong closing ratio
- Encourage prospective tenants to lease from us by positioning our property and its units in a favourable light and offering the best possible customer service
- Set and achieve sales goals each quarter, motivating the leasing agents in the office to follow your lead
- Train letting agents in effective closing techniques
- Ensure that all community areas, including the club house and letting office, are in perfect condition
- Process service requests from tenants and ensure prompt response to enquiries
- Answer incoming telephone calls
Letting Consultant qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful employee. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- GCSEs/A-levels required (Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales or Advertising strongly preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in letting, property management, sales or property highly desired
- Excellent communication and closing skills
- Strong understanding of property management concepts and issues