Programme Assistant job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so jobseekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Programme Assistant job summary
Our senior living and rehabilitation centre needs a compassionate and highly organised Programme Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will be in charge of assisting programme staff with the care plans and programmes for 50 to 75 residents. He or she will develop positive working relationships with all of the clients and report any problems or concerns to the programme manager immediately. We’re looking for someone with a flexible schedule who can be available for nights, weekends and holidays as needed. We’re willing to work with parents and caregivers who need special consideration for schedules.
Programme Assistant responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the employee reports to.
- Provide the front office and administrative staff with support (e.g. filing, emailing and data entry)
- Relay client concerns to the appropriate senior staff
- Review and submit documents to doctors, care staff, family members and other interested parties
- Schedule and organise appointments with prospective residents and their families
- Meet with residents to discuss concerns or questions, then relay those issues to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain client files and add new information as it becomes available
- Help clients fill out paperwork and attend to correspondence
- Maintain our inventory of office and caregiving supplies
- Update computer and hard copy file systems on a weekly basis
Programme Assistant qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful employee. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- GCSEs or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of clerical experience (HNC is an acceptable alternative)
- Excellent typing and 10-key speed and accuracy
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Polished written and verbal communication skills