What does a Training Coordinator do?
The Training Coordinator prepares all the training materials, user guides and videos, then actively trains members of staff. The Training Coordinator designs, develops and manages all aspects of the training programme.
Apart from administering training programmes, the Training Coordinator also ensures training activities are conducted in a timely manner. This professional also supports the organisation by ensuring that the training adheres to the existing policies and regulations.
Since the Training Coordinator works with various departments, they also liaise with managers to identify departmental training needs. They assist with scheduling development plans for both individuals and teams.
Training Coordinator skills and qualifications
A successful Training Coordinator candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications, that typically include:
- Familiarity with various training methods and techniques
- Highly skilled in Excel (2010 onwards) Pivot Tables/Vlookups and SAP systems (ECC)
- Working knowledge of content development tools and learning management systems
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies
- Ability to operate media equipment, such as personal computers and projectors
- Ability to assign aptitude or competency tests to assess the learners
- Excellent leadership skills and presentation skills
- Formal HR qualification and/or a relevant certification
Training Coordinator experience requirements
The Training Coordinator should have at least five years of experience in a similar role, or as an HR practitioner, facilitator, or a similar role. The applicant needs to be familiar with the equipment and instructional material requirements for each project. The Training Coordinator also needs to have experience creating training plans and programmes for all of the departments. Experience working in the Human Resources or Training Department is a plus.
Training Coordinator education and training requirements
The Training Coordinator should hold a degree in Training, Education, Human Resources or a related field. The person applying for the position of Training Coordinator should also be proficient using MS Office or Microsoft Suite and familiar with common training methods.
Training Coordinator salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average salary for a Training Coordinator in the UK, is £24, 437 per year. This varies depending on the experience and the location.
Job description samples for similar positions
If you are looking to hire other personnel with a background in HR or training, other relevant job descriptions include: