Community Support Worker / Coordinator (Flexi/Part Time 10-25hrs per week)
Full job description
Community Support Worker / Co-ordinator
Flexi-time / part-time positions available (10hrs – 25hrs per week from £12.10/hr)
Make a change. Try something different! This is a truly meaningful job working alongside some wonderful human beings helping them to improve their lives. Your well-being will also improve being part of our team!
About Us: - aebal is a small Nottingham-based organisation providing social support for adults with mental health conditions, Autism and learning difficulties. Please visit our website to learn more about our service and the type of support we provide.
The Job: - Our Community Support Co-ordinators (CSCs) deliver support in small groups alongside other staff members or sometimes on a one-to-one basis. We don’t operate from a day centre or building as our ethos is for all our clients to gain real-life experiences out in the mainstream community. All our staff are drivers and a large part of the role involves collecting clients from their homes and travelling to an array of different activity venues around Nottingham. We also provide Saturday Road Trips each week where we take slightly larger groups to venues outside of Nottinghamshire.
aebal also has future opportunities available for career progression and salaried positions within the business.
What we need from you:
· You will need a car and a driving licence to apply for this role
· A passion for helping others to flourish and achieve their true potential
· Calm under pressure and able to adapt to change easily
· A great sense of humour!
· To be understanding, patient and resourceful
· To be self-reliant and confident with lone working and managing your day
· To be available for occasional evening and at least one Saturday per month
· To be healthy and active and able to take part in various sports sessions
· Computer literate for documenting your sessions and support
· Great communication skills for interacting with clients and also your colleagues
· Previous experience is not always necessary as full and ongoing training is provided
To initially apply for this role, please send an email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in this role. Please also attach your CV, which doesn’t need to include previous experience in social care. We are more interested in your life experience and character than previous roles and exam grades.
If we like what we read, we will get in touch with our official application form.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.10 per hour
Expected hours: 10 – 25 per week
- Casual dress
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person