Full job description
Seasonal Outdoor Instructor
Location: PEAK Astbury Water Sports Centre -CW12 4HL
Contract type: Seasonal post available, starting March 2024 through to October 2024 (Dates can be flexible) with 40 hours per Week
Salary: £10.90 - £14.00 per hour
Please Note: Instructors must the over the age of 18 (Full training can be provided)
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for Instructors to join our fun and enthusiastic team.
All Peak team members have a passion for the outdoors, and want to pass that onto participants of all ages. Instructors responsibilities include delivering activities, reporting on progression and basic upkeep of centre resources.
The role involves planning and delivering of EPIC activities, including but not limited to; canoeing, kayaking, raft building, archery and climbing.
You will be expected to ensure all activities are conducted in a safe and professional manner linked to high quality learning outcomes.
You will need to be an excellent communicator and people skills. You should be able to manage a group in potentially challenging situations.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, however we are willing to consider applicants with the right attitude and enthusiasm. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply now!
Benefits with this role:
- Progressive pay scale – the more qualifications you earn, the higher your pay
- Training and development programs courses including APIOL and RPIOL
- HAPI App - access your employee discounts and rewards
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Holidays, social events and access to equipment
- Refer a Friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with Keys and you’ll earn a £500 bonus
You must hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- RCI or CWI or other relevant ropes-based qualification
- Archery GB Instructor award
- Mountain Bike Leader/instructor or equivalent
- Paddlesports Instructor / Coach or equivalent
- RYA instructor or equivalent
- DofE Assessor
- Bushcraft practitioner
- ML or HML Award or equivalent
- RPIOL or equivalent
- Valid First Aid Qualification
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days range from 4 to 10 hours and include, overnights, weekend and bank holiday working as agreed with the Centre Manager.
Successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check with child and adult barred checklists included – if you do not have one, this can be instigated for you.
Keys Group brings together three of the UK’s leading and longest-established providers of specialist education, care and activities; Accomplish, Keys and Peak. The organisation provides specialist support and education for more than 2,000 children, young people, adults and families in services and schools across England and Wales.
Specialist residential and supported living services for adults with a learning disability, autism, mental health needs and acquired brain injury are provided throughout England and Wales by Accomplish.
Keys offers education and care services for children, young people and families across England and Wales through its specialist schools, residential children’s homes, activity and intervention and leaving care services, adult resource centre and family assessment centres.
Activities are offered by Peak through its seven specialist adventure centres including water sports, treetop and climbing centres, across England.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.90-£14.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- You must have one of the listed Qualifications in the Job Description for example Paddlesports Instructor qualification.
- First Aid Certification (required)
- UK Driving Licence (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: Peak 2024