Community Café Senior Worker
Full job description
Job Title: Community Café Senior Worker
Reports To: Centre Manager
Responsible for: Café Assistants and Volunteers
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Contract: 12month contract, fixed term
We will be offering the post to a person who is able to demonstrate they have experience in:
· Working in a busy café/catering environment (including drink preparation)
· Experience in Food Preparation and Food Hygiene
· Managing day-to-day finances and financial procedures
· Managing and ordering food stock
· Recruiting and supporting volunteers.
· Health and Safety experience
· Ability to respond positively to a pressurised environment and adopt a positive approach to problem-solving.
· Monitoring and evaluation
Ideally, they will have good knowledge of the community of North Perth City and of the issues that affect the people living there. They will have good IT and social media skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and support volunteers to enable to take part in Letham4All
- Engage the local community in activities to improve their health and well-being
- Undertake an evaluation of activities and prepare reports.
- Experience of working in the third sector
- Prepare information for Letham4All ‘s social media channels to help promote the Letham Community Hub
- Attending relevant meetings
· Ability to work with and enable people from a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to lead and collaborative working.
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture a team environment
· Ability to create a positive work environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good management, organisational and evaluation skills
· Ability to work well on their own and within a team setting.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
· Good social media skills
A flexible approach with a willingness to work in the evening and at weekends work. Work patterns will be planned by mutual agreement based on the demands of the community.
- £13.50per hour
- 30hours per working week, 22 days holiday plus 6 days public holiday pro rata
- Initial 3-month probationary period
- 1 month notice period
Letham4All is a newly formed Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation which aims to support the advancement of community development through maintaining and managing the Letham Community Wellbeing Hub and providing recreational facilities, physical and social activities with the aim of improving the conditions of life of the community
Scottish Charity SCO48289
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: £13.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Perth: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Supervising experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Food management: 1 year (required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 17/06/2023
Reference ID: SCCW