Engagement Coordinator - Beat the Street
Full job description
Context: Intelligent Health Ltd is dedicated to improving the health of communities around the world. We believe a healthy community needs all stakeholders working together to make a difference. That means people, organisations and leaders. Intelligent Health values are; honest, kind, passionate about health, collaborative, reliable and ambitious.
The programme is divided into 3 phases; Anticipation, Experience and Legacy. In the anticipation phase the Engagement Coordinator will work with key local stakeholders to raise awareness and recruit teams from schools and community groups. This will involve attending community events, presenting at parent’s evenings and assemblies, leading occasional walks and championing physical activity to get schools and community groups involved in the initiative. The Engagement Coordinator will also need to work with local voluntary groups, clubs and businesses to get teams signed up and generally raise awareness of the scheme.
Throughout the live phase of the game, the Engagement Coordinator will deliver several community events and competitions to help motivate players, boost participation and recruit new players. You will also need to plan and deliver a launch event, celebration event and prize giving in partnership with the key stakeholders.
During the Legacy phase, the Engagement Coordinator should have sourced opportunities for players to remain active in their local area, linking with local partners and promoting these through regular newsletters and online platforms. During this time, feedback sessions with community groups and schools should take place to help us evaluate and inform future programmes and interventions.
- Increase participation and engagement levels in the programme across whole communities (schools, businesses, community groups).
- Continued engagement and management of key project stakeholders such as project sponsors and a wide range of local organisations like the health sector, local authorities, schools and community groups.
- Work with partners to target specific groups (i.e. those with long term health conditions or from lower socio-economic groups).
- Work with sports and culture organisations to create an engaging calendar of events.
- Updating and maintaining project plans and marketing documentation – to include engagement planning and event management documents.
- Attend and support local steering-group meetings and write minutes.
- Working closely with the comms and marketing team to create and deliver a communications and marketing plan.
- Problem solving and adapting to the changing needs of the project as they arise.
- Management of social media activities.
- Co-ordination of the prize distribution for schools and scheme participants.
- Feed into evaluation, demonstrating the impact of the programme and how partners are working together for long term well-being of residents.
- Manage a legacy programme supporting participants to stay active
- Present at relevant conferences/events.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience of developing and delivering successful community outreach programmes and events
- Experience of working with schools
- Experience and knowledge of the health and wellbeing sector
- Knowledge and understanding of social prescribing (desirable)
- Knowledge of the local area and the barriers and opportunities for increasing physical activity levels
- Event Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of delivering communications, social media and basic marketing
- Experience of creating sustainable project legacies
- Stakeholder management and diplomacy
- Microsoft office proficient
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Must have access to own vehicle with a full driver’s license, or be able to travel around the area easily
Annual leave: 23 days + Bank Holidays
Pension: 3% employer pension contribution.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £26,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Work from home
Work Location: In person