Festival & Event crew (build & break)
Full job description
Who are we?
At Zoo Events group we specialise in the events industry, providing Glamping set ups to many prestigious events and festivals all over the UK including Secret Garden Party, Boomtown, Wilderness & Lost Village to name a few!
We are on the hunt for new recruits to join our exciting events team over the summer. We require dedicated individuals who enjoy travelling the country, working outdoors and co-operating within small teams.
- Building multiple bell tents for festival and event glamping sites
- Furnishing the structures to their specification with various packages ranging from a simple carpet to fully furnished with raised beds, rugs, tables and electricity.
- Providing a concierge service to guests and checking them in to their accommodation
- Dismantling all units, correctly packing all equipment away ready for the next job and clearing the site
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Standby maintenance during the events
The hours: hours may vary - they will often exceed 40 hours a week and will include weekends. The position is temporary, start and end dates can be discussed with us (from start of May-September).
The pay: starting rate £10.42p/h + pro rata holiday pay £1.26 p/h (= £11.66 p/h)
We will also take on self-employed individuals.
The perks: as well as working in a fun and dynamic environment with an awesome team, you will receive a mileage contribution for travel, meals or a food budget and event access/tickets!
The skills required:
- Ability to follow instructions, use your initiative and communicate well with others
- Good time keeping and practically minded
- Good level of fitness - we do a lot of walking and a lot of carrying fairly heavy kit
- Attention to detail and the desire to complete a job to a high standard
- Event or customer service experience - at many of our events we also supply reception and maintenance services.
- Desire to work and live outdoors throughout the Summer (sometimes in adverse weather conditions)
- Happy to work weekends and overtime
Desirable skills (not essential but very beneficial):
- Qualifications or experience in events or hospitality
- Towing experience
- Forklift license or experience
Keep in mind you will need to make your own way to each of the events which are often in rural locations so having access to a vehicle is preferable.
Our HQ is based in Stockton between Warminster and Salisbury but we work across the country and will recruit people nationwide and worldwide (appropriate visas needed).
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary contract, Temp to perm, Freelance
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: £10.42-£11.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have your own vehicle? (we often work in rural locations with limited public transport options)
- UK drivers licence (preferred)
Work Location: One location