Graduate Internship - Events and promoting assistant
Full job description
he Graduate Knowledge Exchange for Better Business project offers internship opportunities to graduates who have graduated from any EU University within the last 5 years.
At Community Spaces Northampton, we manage a number of community centres across the town, providing opportunities for activities, services and experiences that create a greater sense of connection and belonging. We put the needs of the community at the heart of everything we do in order to make a real impact for local people.
We are a Charitable Business, and therefore all profits are reinvested into our centres. We generate trading income through the hire of our community centre halls and rooms, whether for small local businesses, statutory service providers, corporate customers or private hire. All of the income we make through trading is reinvested to ensure our community centres remain available for community use.
Do you have a flare for event planning? Do you want to make a difference through your work? If so, you might be just who we are looking for!
Our small charity has a unique opportunity for an intern to make a real difference to our operations. As part of this internship, you will be given the opportunity to make your mark, working with a small, close knit team to develop and launch a wedding offer at our centre.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with our Strategic Director and Finance, Resource and Operations Manager to sell and promote St Crispin Community Centre as a venue for budget weddings.
- Research and develop different strands of our wedding offer, bringing together a recommended suppliers list for customers, and creating partnerships with local suppliers.
- Design and create wedding collateral and marketing material for the centre.
- Work with the strategic director to plan a marketing campaign for weddings launch in 2023, developing copy for different marketing streams.
- Co-design a bookings process for weddings alongside the Finance, Resource & Operations Manager
While this opportunity is an internship, there is a possibility of longer term employment for the right individual, based on revenue generated through future wedding bookings.
Skills and experience
As part of this role, you will research, plan and develop a package for budget weddings running through our flagship centre, St Crispin Community Centre. You will be managed by our Strategic Director, who will provide you with support and guidance throughout the role, as well as mentoring and coaching opportunities.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable experience in business development, event planning, social media marketing, and working within the charity sector.
23 hours a week, Tuesday – Friday. We are very flexible and working hours will be agreed with the successful candidate for 6 weeks.
You will receive £11ph and £1.33ph holiday pay.
Job Types: Temporary contract, Temp to perm, Part-time
Contract length: 6 weeks
Part-time hours: 23 per week
Salary: From £11.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Northampton, NN5 4GJ: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Event Management: 1 year (preferred)