Health & Social Care Trainer Coach
Educ8 Training Group Ltd incorporating Haddon Training Ltd, ISA Training Ltd and Aspire 2Be
Job Title: HSC Trainer Coach
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours p/w
Salary: £24,000.00 - £29,000.00 per annum
Summary of Role:
Trainer Coaches are key to the success of our apprentices’ learning journey, you must be enthusiastic and passionate about teaching, learning and developing individuals’ skills. Being able to share your own skills and develop others alongside maintaining a positive relationship with the apprentice and employer is of upmost importance. You will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of learners as well as supporting learner achievement, success and progression. You will teach, assess and record all aspects of teaching and learning using e-portfolios and learner journeys, creating a bespoke programme for each apprentice and their employer.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Plan and deliver both knowledge and competency based qualifications according to relevant Awarding Bodies, funding and organisational requirements.
- Plan and deliver workshops or ‘off-the job’ training sessions where necessary to provide effective teaching and learning opportunities to fulfil requirements of the programme.
- Prepare and develop resources to support delivery of the learning programme including Moodle resources.
- Provide support, information and guidance to learners through a coaching model.
- Completion of monthly learner progress reviews and target setting.
- Track learner progression and assess achievement to ensure timely completion of programmes.
- Support, deliver and develop learner’s awareness and skills in areas including literacy, numeracy, digital literacy, employability, Welsh Language, sustainability and all cross- cutting themes
- Support contract, quality and compliance requirements to ensure attainment, recruitment and caseload targets are met.
- Have a strong commitment to continued professional development and a willingness to explore opportunities for further development.
- Elements of the role may involve working with adults at risk, children and young people in an educational setting.
- Reviewing the safeguarding and wellbeing of learners and escalating through the appropriate process where required.
- Ability to promote and adhere to the Company values and behaviours
- Ability to express ideas succinctly and clearly, both verbally and in written work
- Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence in education, learning and development
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to high standards and the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Highly professional and motivated with high levels of commitment and confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- TAQA or equivalent
- Proven experience of assessing/tutoring vocational qualifications
- Occupational competence for the specialised vocational areas and level required
- Digitally competent and confident
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity and inclusion
- Ability to react flexibly under pressure and to work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience of using digital technologies to promote teaching and learning
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Hands-on approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
- Committed to learning and development
- Knowledge and understanding of the Professional Standards for Worked Based Learning Practitioners in Wales
- Full driving license, willing to travel across South Wales
- PGCE, coaching or equivalent
- Qualification in the specialised vocational areas and level required
- Occupational competence within the education and skills sector
- Experience of contributing, supporting and complying with all contract requirements and corporate strategies including but not restricted to: Health & Safety Code of Practice, contract
& Audit requirements, Awarding Body requirements, ESTYN, Information Security Requirements and Safeguarding
- Welsh speaker
- Educ8’s preferred MIS reporting systems, Team8, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Edge, E learning Portfolio, Moodle, any applicable external diagnostic tools
For further information on this job role, please contact us on 01443 749000
Educ8 Group is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all employees to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a satisfactory DBS check, this may be a Standard or an Enhanced DBS check with a children’s barred list check, in line with their job role.
Educ8 uphold the Armed Forces Covenant and are committed to supporting the armed forces community through their recruitment process.
Why work for us?
Educ8 Training Group are a Values driven organisation creating a Gr8 Culture resulting in being the #2 Best Education and Training Company to work for in the UK in 2023.
If you'd like to work with Gr8 people who are passionate about training and education, then we'd love to hear from you. We offer excellent benefits, a values driven ethos but most of all a Gr8 place to work.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Annual Leave package: 30 days annual leave which includes Christmas shutdown and day off for Birthday.
Additional holiday accrued after 2 years’ service starting from 1 day per year up to a maximum of 5 days.
45p per mile mileage allowance.
Early finish on a Friday ‘Rejuven8’ time.
Employee Assistance Programme offering counselling support and advice from day 1 of employment.
Employee Mental Health First Aider.
Flexible/home working encouraged.
Excellent wellbeing support and monthly group activities.
Educ8 reserves the right to bring forward the closing date should we receive a sufficient number of applications for this role.
Should you not hear from us 4 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£29,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person