Healthwatch Volunteering Project Coordinator
Full job description
Are you passionate about supporting young people to get the best health outcomes?
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to support young people in North and North East Lincolnshire to have their say in how health services are planned and delivered.
The role will involve recruiting and training young people as community connectors to enable them to listen to the experiences of their peers and use this to drive change.
1 x full time (35 hours) or
2 x part time (17.5 hours)
This role is fixed term initially for 12 months
Scunthorpe or Grimsby with travel between both office bases
How to apply
Please read the job description below and send a CV and cover letter to rfishcher@hull
Meeting New Horizons
Healthwatch Volunteering Project Coordinator
Healthwatch was established in 2013 as the consumer champion for Health and Social Care services in England. Each local authority area has a Healthwatch team, and Meeting New Horizons are the contract holder for Healthwatch North Lincolnshire and Healthwatch North East Lincolnshire.
Volunteers provide a vital role in ensuring that Healthwatch can reach out to all pockets of the community and hear from as many as people of possible about their views and experiences of health and social care. The more people we hear from, the more we can support services to adapt services to meet the needs of those who use them.
The overall objective of the post is to oversee the recruitment, onboarding, and supervision of Healthwatch volunteers across both Healthwatch teams in North and North East Lincolnshire, and ensure they can contribute fully to the work of the organisation.
The post holder will also coordinate the delivery of the Core 20+ Connectors project in both areas by focusing on the recruitment and support of young volunteers as part of a wider programme of work.
The Core 20+ Connectors is a pilot programme funded by NHS England aimed at utilising young person volunteer ’connectors’ to reach out and understand the experiences of children and young people with long term conditions when using health and care services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
General volunteer recruitment:
· Conduct ongoing volunteer recruitment, ensuring that all roles are widely promoted, and that the opportunities available reflect the skills and interests of local residents wishing to volunteer with Healthwatch.
· Manage the interviewing, appointment and onboarding of volunteers in accordance with Healthwatch policies. Ensure that all volunteer documentation is completed, including DBS checks where required.
· Ensure that volunteers complete the Healthwatch induction programme, and are introduced to and supported by the wider Healthwatch team.
Core 20+ connectors project:
· Conduct ongoing recruitment of young volunteers / Connectors (aged 14 – 25) ensuring that the project is widely promoted through social media, and engagement at schools, colleges etc.
· Manage the onboarding and training of the Connectors in accordance with Healthwatch policies, ensuring all documentation is completed.
· Support the connectors to plan engagement activity, and record insight and feedback from their peers.
-Support the connectors to promote the volunteering opportunity amongst their peers and encourage more young people to take part in the project.
· Provide opportunities to bring Connectors together for shared learning, peer support and social activities.
· Keep up to date and accurate records of Connector activity and contribute to a quarterly report to NHS England.
· Work with colleagues across the North Yorkshire and Humber region to ensure consistency of programme delivery.
· Support the wider team in the fulfilment of both face to face and online engagement activities with the public.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of local services to be able to effectively respond to enquiries from members of the public and signpost appropriately.
- To ensure that members of your team and wider Meeting New Horizons/Hull CVS are kept adequately informed of your work as appropriate and that information is provided as requested by your line manager.
- To participate in planning and team building activities within Meeting New Horizons.
- To take part in supervision / appraisal meetings as agreed in line with Meeting New Horizons policy.
- To undertake in-service training as appropriate.
- To respect confidentiality of all information acquired through working at Meeting New Horizons within the framework of the confidentiality policy.
- To adhere to Meeting New Horizons policies and procedures.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of this post which you may be asked to undertake by Senior Management.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £23,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 03/03/2024