Full job description
Job Vacancy – HR Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our team.
Practical HR have been providing HR Consultancy services to small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for over 20 years. We provide HR and employment law advice and have also developed our own HR software that ensures clients are always compliant and communicate clearly with employees. We aim to provide outstanding service every day, and always have our clients’ best interests at heart.
For more information, visit www.practicalhr.co.uk.
As an HR Advisor, you will work closely with our HR Consultants and provide clients with HR advice in agreed areas. Advice may be provided by phone, email, video conference or face-to-face. Support may include drafting letters or correspondence and/or conducting meetings.
With support from the HR Consultants together with self-study, as your HR skills, knowledge and experience continue to grow, your ability to manage a wider range of client cases will increase and therefore there is plenty of opportunity for personal development and progression.
You will learn all about contracts of employment and employee handbook and how to draft these using our methodology.
You will also learn about our unique HR Portals (www.yourhr.space), that is used to ensure clients are up to date, manage employee administration and data efficiently and ensures clear communication about HR, as well delivering wellbeing information to employees.
We are a small team, and you will be an integral member, working towards both individual and team targets and building strong working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm (with one hour for lunch), at our office in Great Wakering (SS3 0FF), reporting to the HR Consultants and working closely with the wider team.
A driving licence and use of your own vehicle will be required if you are visiting clients or attending other external meetings.
If you want to build on your knowledge and learn from experts in their field, and make a real contribution, this could be the position for you.
The Successful Candidate
3-5 years HR experience is required along with a keen interest in Employee Relations and Employment Law, together with a desire to further develop your knowledge and skills. A demonstrated understanding of SMEs and the particular challenges they face with HR would be useful but not essential.
A key requirement is exceptional customer service and communication skills as you will need to be confident speaking on the telephone, via video conference (e.g. Zoom/Teams), over email or in person. Being proactive in your approach to resolve clients’ problems is integral to be successful in the role.
You will have a personable and pragmatic approach that enables you to build strong working relationships quickly. You will have a diligent work ethic and desire to help businesses be better employers and more successful.
Strong IT skills and proficiency in using MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) is essential. Experience in using CRM systems and HR systems is desirable.
Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage your own workload and meet deadlines is essential. We are a small team so you will need to be prepared to use your initiative, ‘muck in’ and go the extra mile. You will be keen to learn all about our business, share ideas and be able to adapt to change.
What You Will Get in Return
The successful candidate will receive the following:
- Full training on our in-house software.
- A collaborative working environment.
- Opportunity for personal development and career progression.
- An opportunity to learn from experts in their field. You will have more exposure to employee relations work and employment law in 6 months than in 6 years in an in-house role!
- Salary circa £24,000 - £30,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) with an extra day’s holiday for each completed years’ service (up to a maximum of 33 days including bank holidays).
- Enrolment into a healthcare cashback scheme after successful completion of the probationary period.
- Free on-site parking at our premises.
If you are resourceful, dedicated and customer focused and want to join our mission, apply today.
Generally, our interview process is as follows:
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in an initial telephone interview.
- A video interview is held with two representatives of Practical HR.
- Candidates who are successful at this stage will then be invited to the office for a further interview and to meet members and to get a clear insight into what the position involves and undertake some assessments.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, we may be unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Human Resources: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person