Full job description
Job Vacancy – HR Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Consultant to join our team.
Practical HR have been providing HR Consultancy services to small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for over 20 years. We provide HR and employment law advice and have also developed our own HR software that ensures clients are always compliant and communicate clearly with employees. We aim to provide outstanding service every day, and always have our clients’ best interests at heart.
For more information, visit www.practicalhr.co.uk.
As an HR Consultant, you will provide clients with HR advice in all areas of HR and employment law. Most of our work is around employee relations and employment law, providing advice and solutions to SMEs (small to medium sized enterprises). Advice is provided by phone, email, video conference or face-to-face.
We advise clients on all areas of day-to-day HR. These include anything from absence, misconduct, poor-performance, family friendly rights, redundancies, TUPE transfers and anything else HR related that may arise! We draft any correspondence that may be needed and attend those difficult or sensitive meetings with employees.
We support clients all the way up to employment tribunals preparing cases and witness statements.
We aim to ensure our clients have a solid HR foundation with effective contracts of employment and up to date employee handbooks and you will learn our methodology for drafting and implementing these.
You will learn all about our unique HR Portals (www.yourhr.space), that is used to ensure clients are up to date, manage employee administration and data efficiently and ensures clear communication around HR, as well delivering wellbeing information to employees.
We are a small team, and you will be an integral member, working towards both individual and team targets and building strong working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.30pm, at our office in Great Wakering (SS3 0FF). A driving licence and use of your own vehicle will be required if you are visiting clients or attending other external meetings.
If you want to make a real contribution and help Practical HR build on our success, this could be the position for you.
The Successful Candidate
3-5 years in an advisory position (advising on employment law and employee relations), together with a desire to further develop your knowledge and skills. A demonstrated understanding of SMEs and the particular challenges they face with HR would be useful but not essential.
A key requirement is exceptional customer service and communication skills and the ability to explain complex situations in a way that clients will understand (most of our clients are owner mangers, directors or senior managers). The ability to quickly building trust and credibility with clients is essential .
You will have a personable and pragmatic approach that enables you to build strong working relationships quickly. You will have a diligent work ethic and desire to help businesses be better employers and more successful.
Strong IT skills and proficiency in using MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) is essential. Experience in using CRM systems and HR systems is desirable.
We are a small team so you will need to be prepared to use your initiative, ‘muck in’ and go the extra mile. You will be keen to learn all about our business, share ideas and be able to adapt to change.
What You Will Get in Return
The successful candidate will receive the following:
- Full training on our in-house software.
- A collaborative working environment.
- Opportunity for personal development and career progression.
- An opportunity to learn from experts in their field. You will have more exposure to employee relations work and employment law in 6 months than in 6 years in an in-house role!
- Salary circa £43,000 - £45,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) with an extra day’s holiday for each completed years’ service (up to a maximum of 33 days including bank holidays).
- Enrolment into a healthcare cashback scheme after successful completion of the probationary period.
- Free on-site parking at our premises.
If you are resourceful, dedicated and customer focused and want to join our mission, apply today.
Generally, our interview process is as follows:
- Shortlisted candidates may be invited to take part in an initial telephone interview.
- A video interview is held with two representatives of Practical HR.
- Candidates who are successful at this stage will then be invited to the office for a further interview and to meet members and to get a clear insight into what the position involves and undertake some assessments.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, we may be unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £43,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Human Resources: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person