Marketing and Communications Manager
Full job description
Educ8 Training Group Ltd incorporating Haddon Training Ltd, ISA Training Ltd and Aspire 2Be
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours p/w
Salary: £36,000.00 - £45,000.00 per annum
Summary of Role:
This role requires a creative, dynamic and data-driven marketeer to showcase Educ8’s growing range of apprenticeships and training.
This position is key to supporting the development and implementation of Educ8’s marketing and communications strategy and plans. Raising brand awareness and driving cost effective lead generation across multiple channels is key; as is the ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritise.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will also be comfortable in understanding the intricacies of our provision and deploy tracking and analysis to all marketing approaches. They must also be ready to handle day to day marketing activities, and be able to respond to tight deadlines and rapidly changing needs.
Managing a team of talented individuals, as well as working with external suppliers, the role requires enthusiasm and excellent communication, motivation, and people management skills.
A confident, senior professional, the Marketing and Communications Manager also sits on our Operations Board - attending monthly meetings, writing reports and playing an active role on the board.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
· Develop and execute cross channel marketing plans with a focus on lead generation - leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
· Plan and implement multi-platform digital marketing campaigns to support the sales team and business development
· Ensure robust reporting and data analytics are in place to inform planning and maximise ROI on marketing spend
· Conduct monthly management report detailing the department’s performance for all marketing activities. Identify the effectiveness and impact of marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimise accordingly
· Guide creative direction to meet objectives for all advertising and public-facing communications, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels including social media, website, PR and email marketing
· Manage the Educ8 website, working with the team to ensure it is up to date, search engine optimised and delivering an excellent customer experience
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure the company’s HubSpot CRM is embedded within the team and that Educ8 is making maximum use of the functionality, reporting and other opportunities the platform offers
· Support the team in managing events and exhibitions, ensuring lead capture is in place and post event reviews are undertaken to evaluate ROI
· Work with the in-house graphic designer and team to create physical marketing collateral, manage stock and content updates
· Liaise with external suppliers including the company’s PR agency
· Create engaging written content for industry publications, blogs, online articles etc.
· Attend network and business events to promote Educ8 and its apprenticeships and training - help expand Educ8’s business network
· Support the Marketing and Communications Director with internal marketing communications planning and execution, ensuring messages are on brand and aligned to the company’s values
· Manage a team of professionals, ensuring they are supported, motivated and have opportunities to develop
· Work with colleagues across the wider marketing team (including colleagues at Haddon Training and Aspire 2Be) to ensure brand alignment across the Educ8 Training Group. This includes internal and external communication, sharing best practise, and identifying opportunities for collaboration and cross promotion of services
· Horizon scan to identify new trends, technology (including AI) and platforms that can positively support the marketing and communications department and wider business
· Actively participate in the Operations Board, providing a monthly report and positively contributing to board meetings
· Where needed, support marketing and communications activities and teams across the wider Educ8 Training Group.
· Note: Elements of the role may involve working with adults at risk, children and young people in an educational setting. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our learners is of paramount importance.
· Ability to promote the company values and behaviours and lead by example
· Customer focused, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to high standards and driving continuous improvement
· Professional and highly motivated, used to working proactively
· Ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people
· Ability to prioritise work and manage competing demands. Resilient
· Able to work as part of a team
· Able to manage and motivate a team
· Degree in marketing, business, or relevant work experience
· Impressive, demonstrable track record with skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level
· Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns to drive leads and raise brand awareness
· Metrics-driven with a strong focus on reporting and return on investment
· Excellent understanding of building a following across key social media channels
· Experience of paid advertising including LinkedIn, Meta and Google Ads
· First class written and verbal communication skills
· Experience of websites, CMS and SEO
· Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
· Demonstrable experience of managing, motivating and mentoring a team
· Dynamic, with a hands-on approach and ‘can do’ attitude
· IT proficient
· A resilient nature with an ability to work to deadlines and apply critical decision-making skills
· Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
· Self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
· Experience of CRM, preferably HubSpot
· Knowledge of apprenticeships / work-based learning
· Experience of photography and video content creation
· Knowledge of GDPR compliance
· Welsh language speaker
· Wordpress CMS, HubSpot CRM, Social Media, Google Analytics, PPC
For further information on this job role, please contact us on 01443 749000.
Educ8 Group is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expect all employees to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a satisfactory DBS check, this may be a Standard or an Enhanced DBS check with a children’s barred list check, in line with their job role.
Educ8 uphold the Armed Forces Covenant and are committed to supporting the armed forces community through their recruitment process.
Why work for us?
Educ8 Training Group are a Values driven organisation creating a Gr8 Culture resulting in being the #2 Best Education and Training Company to work for in the UK in 2023.
If you'd like to work with Gr8 people who are passionate about training and education then we'd love to hear from you. We offer excellent benefits, a values driven ethos but most of all a Gr8 place to work.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Annual Leave package: 30 days annual leave which includes Christmas shutdown and day off for Birthday .
Additional holiday accrued after 2 years’ service starting from 1 day per year up to a maximum of 5 days
Early finish on a Friday ‘Rejuven8’ time
Employee Assistance Programme offering counselling support and advice from day 1 of employment
Employee Mental Health First Aider
Flexible/home working encouraged
Excellent wellbeing support and monthly group activities
Educ8 reserves the right to bring forward the closing date should we receive sufficient a sufficient number of applications for this role.
Should you not hear from us 4 weeks after application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person