Operations Supervisor (PM Shift)
Zedify is shaking things up in the logistics sector by transforming the way first and last mile deliveries are done. Our unique system for consolidated, zero emission deliveries ensures consumers get their items how and when they want, and is helping to create healthier, more liveable cities.
Zedify are looking to recruit an experienced supervisor to join the operations team, We’re after a friendly and hard-working individual who’s keen to work in a small start-up business with great ambitions to transform deliveries in cities.
Zedify is a Living Wage Employer.
Zedify is looking for an individual to join our team at our London depot with experience working in the logistics industry. They will need to be flexible and have an understanding of bike deliveries.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Assist and direct other delivery riders in organising routes and communicate with them as necessary
- Communicate effectively any problems that arise with the bikes to the Depot Manager, and report any concerns
- Debrief riders on return to depo and complete end of day report for clients
- Plan and prepare rounds for dispatch the following day
- Answer telephone calls and deal with email, field enquires in a professional manner
- Log deliveries through used platforms
- collect data on routes and fill out data entry
- ensure staff adhere to health and safety guidelines
- Assist the Depot Manager in creating rider rotas
Essential criteria - you must be:
- Excellent communication skills and can deal with high stress situations
- Creative and methodical
- Meticulous approach to organisation and cleanliness
- Experience in Excel & Word with strong computer literacy
- Dynamic and hardworking
- Physically fit and strong
- Comfortable riding a range of bikes in an urban environment
- Prepared to work unsupervised for long periods of time and able to use own initiative
- Punctual, trustworthy and very reliable.
- Good communication with a friendly and approachable manner
- A positive attitude
- A genuine desire to help make our cities better places to be
Desirable attributes – you should have at least some of these:
- Experience working in Logistics
- Experience working on cargo bikes
- Bikeability Level 3 qualification
- Current first aid certificate
Hours of work
The weekly schedule is 11.00 am to 7.30 pm but a minimum of 37.5 hours per week is required.
You will need to be physically fit as the job includes:
- Heavy lifting & handling
- Being able to communicate effectively over a phone (speaking & hearing)
We provide technical training on vehicles and other areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday