Patient Services Coordinator
Full job description
Patient Services Coordinator.
Full and Part Time roles available.
Shifts to include 8am starts and 6pm finishes
Job Summary: We are looking for an organised, methodical, customer focused administrator to join our friendly, hardworking and high achieving team. The post holder will need to be able to handle high volumes of telephone calls and be able to deal with a range of different situations. You will be an essential link in the telephone communication system and the first point of contact with the public, internal/external medical staff and many outside organisations.
You will be empowered by external and internal training to health navigate and signpost patients to the correct team, clinician or organisation.
Applicants must have excellent customer service, administration and IT skills. A methodical and accurate approach to administrative work is also essential for this role.
Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Patient Services team may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of Patient Services Manager, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Call handling –you will be an essential link in the telephone communication system and the first point of contact with the public, internal/external medical staff and many outside organisations and other associated healthcare agencies
- Health navigating and signposting patients to the correct Clinician or Organisation
- Making appointments for patients using the Practice computer system
- Logging arrival and directing patients to the appropriate part of the surgery
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Input new registrations, change of details onto the clinical system.
- Scanning & assigning clinical letters to GP’s
- Ensure new patient records are received electronically and imported onto the clinical system
- Summarise patients notes when requested
- To ensure provision of customer service to all patients and visitors to the Practice and facilitate the smooth running of clinics, ensuring that the reason for any delays is explained to patients and visitors.
- Actioning tasks and contacting patients regarding Test Results, follow up and general correspondence by phone, letter or SMS
Any other reasonable duties as delegated by the General Practitioners, Patient Services Manager or Practice Manager.
This job description is not definitive or exhaustive and may be reviewed in the light of changing circumstances at a personal or organisational level. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post holder through the appraisal and review process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.90-£10.31 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends