Full job description
Full- or Part-time available
£32,000-38,000 FTE plus a generous 28 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
Based Pimlico, London SW1V 3AA with some hybrid and evening working
This is a new role with an arts charity, managing their wide variety of programmes delivered to children in this highly diverse and complex part of London. Can you imagine a more exciting opportunity, or a more deserving cause?
We are the Pimlico Musical Foundation (PMF), a charity founded in 2015. We provide free musical education to a diverse range of local children, many facing considerable challenges, to help them thrive and enhance cohesion in the vibrant community we serve. We provide singing instruction across seven schools and have a number of choirs for children and adults who perform locally as well as in other locations, from Westminster Cathedral and Oxford University to Opera Holland Park and The Barbican.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a vital new role taking overall control of the range of our programmes, closely liaising with our expert group of Teacher-Singers. In particular you will:
- Ensure scheduling and resources are organised to continue to deliver high quality teaching, and keep our attendance and participation levels high
- Play your part in the development of more community-based events and a wider range of schools, children and adults
- Manage the recruitment process for new resources as and when required
- Manage all HR and pastoral needs, ensuring all safeguarding procedures are adhered to
- Report regularly to the Board on operational and financial matters
The role requires experience of a similar operational role, ideally gained in a similar arts charity environment where you have demonstrated great time- and people-management skills. But regardless of your background, you’ll need a genuine interest in and appreciation of arts administration and the motivation for educational work. You’ll need to bring high levels of organisation, communication and influence, attention to detail and confidence in using IT systems.
You’ll relish the freedom to shape this newly created role, help us grow our services and demonstrate how you can make a real difference both to the charity and the community we serve.
Search PMF to find out more about us, then apply via indeed, with a CV and covering letter telling us why you’re right for the role. We’ll quickly review your application and if successful, get back to you with the next step which will be a face-to-face interview.
The closing date is Friday 17th November, but we may close earlier if sufficient good applications are received.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £32,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, SW1V 3AA: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- Do you have any knowledge of arts administration?
- Do you have any work experience in education?
Work Location: Hybrid remote in London, SW1V 3AA
Application deadline: 17/11/2023
Reference ID: Programme Manager