Projects Coordinator (SIPs Timber Construction)
Full job description
We are hiring a Construction Project Coordinator to join our award -winning SIPs construction company based in the New Forest, and help us drive forward sustainable homes across the South Coast.
We are a rapidly growing business focused on driving low-carbon houses across the South Coast with our structurally insulated panel system. Environmental sustainability is integral to everything we do at Ecologic. With that in mind, we care about our supply chains and keep them as short as possible, work closely with clients to find the most eco-friendly, resourceful, and energy-efficient solutions and we always endeavor to minimise our impact on the planet. With a proven track record in crafting modular, high-end luxury beach lodges, we now specialise in the manufacture and installation of SIPs (structural insulated panels), producing resilient building solutions with long-lasting environmental and lifestyle benefits.
Every SIP that we design is made in-house at our New Forest workshop in Dorset. We’re experienced problem-solvers, so we relish the challenge of installing SIPs structures in unusual, tricky, or remote site locations. Our efforts were recently recognized, becoming winners of the ‘Best SIPs Home 2023’ at the recent Build It Magazine Awards. Come and get involved and help us drive more sustainable building solutions.
Why work for Ecologic?
- Flexible working arrangements
- New Forest office with sites along the beautiful southern coastline
- An active team who enjoys the ocean
- Team socials/activities
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative environmentally focused construction company.
- Ecologic family and friends discount (10%)
- You will receive personal development and performance management through an appraisal system.
- You will be given an extensive induction across all areas of the business and build SIPs experience (if applicable) by joining our site crews across this period.
- Regular weekly team meetings, both face-to-face and virtually will ensure you feel well-supported in the role and managing the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- You will be allocated an external business mentor to support your growth.
Reporting to our Managing Director for the safe and efficient manufacture and installation of our clients SIPs structures, to the highest possible quality, the agreed design, within the specified timescales, and minimising additional costs and material waste. Manage the entire lead-in and lead-out process across our workshop and site teams and liaise with our Design Manager and Office Manager with project queries. Being the main point of contact for our clients within the lead-in/lead-out project phase, ensuring that they are kept updated on progress throughout the project to completion. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on costs across all projects vs budget, managing purchasing relationships for key stock items and negotiating rates. This is a client-facing role so you will need to be able to build and maintain good relationships.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsible for taking the lead on construction projects from beginning to end (site manager will oversee live phase), ensuring accurate time management and budget for all projects and workshop activities. Inspire your co-workers to bring new processes and systems to drive change. Proactively seek opportunities to minimise conflict through challenging conversations, both internally and externally. We are seeking an empowering leadership style.
Strategically plan for all projects and associated schedules, ensuring teams are briefed and on board with strategic decisions. Support the MD and FD on the future direction of the company when required. Proactively seek new solutions and systems to improve the company’s core competencies. Create efficiencies to help us continue to grow.
Manage budgets, estimate costs and ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to agreed project schedules and margins are achieved. Drive a culture of driving cost efficiencies across our operations.
Ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship, and polite communication. Ensure we maintain excellent levels of client reviews following projects. Ensure our teams are trained to be client-facing. Manage challenging conversations regarding slippages, and additions to project budgets and overall be honest and have a high level of integrity.
Maintain a record of timings, staff levels and schedules from each project for future reference to assist in pricing future projects.
· IT & Systems
Manage all aspects of project management functions, controlling the use of company equipment and procurement of materials, ideally implementing a project management software of your choice. Be comfortable using a range of online-based systems to support our other processes and systems, including Microsoft Office, and web-based apps such as Clockify, Team Up, Monday, Easy Estimate, and Pipedrive. Training will be given on the above however a willingness to learn and a high level of IT capability is required.
· Plant & Machinery
Responsible for booking relevant plant and haulages to ensure projects and projects are delivered on time. Have a great awareness of the various plant materials required for a site, both the ones that you will be sourcing and those that remain the client’s responsibility to provide onsite.
Ensure total compliance to safe working procedures, accidents are recorded and investigated. Have a deep understanding of the CDM, HSE, and Structural Timbers Association regulations required when planning for site works.
· Site works
Support clients and contractors to ensure the sites are set up for the live phase. Work alongside main contractors and your in-house site managers to ensure our build program is achieved on time. Ensure all costs are recorded during installation to enable a project financial review to take place.
Responsible for recruitment, training and scheduling of employees and sub-contractors. Work with our Office Manager to ensure we are compliant when onboarding new starters, supporting inductions and on-going performance management.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with a natural ability to empower.
- A natural communicator and able to negotiate in challenging situations.
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Live within a local area to our main offices and SIPs workshop
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Be environmentally focused and keen on inspiring change.
- Previous knowledge and experience of SIPs construction materials, equipment, and site installation
- PMP or equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
- We are open to taking on a trainee, with the right mindset and cultural fit.
- Interviews - Feb - Mar 2024
- Start date - ASAP.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Bereavement leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Employee mentoring programme
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Christchurch BH23 8EA (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 18/02/2024
Reference ID: Project Coordinator