Full job description
Prestwick Care is a successful family run business. We are a top care home provider based in the North East of England and we are currently recruiting for a Registered Nurse to work in our care home – Belle Vue Heaton.
Belle Vue Heaton is located in Heaton just outside of central Newcastle. It offers all of its residents great facilities and also has a beautiful landscape garden which they can enjoy. It is also accessible to the coast and into the City Centre.
You will have a comprehensive induction and we will provide a full training package. We have a dedicated development plan and an exceptional in-house training programme.
Your duties as a Nurse will include:
- Leading, supervising and training the care team
- General Nursing duties
- Being responsible for ordering, storing and administering medication
- Keeping precise, up to date records
- Maintaining the client's dignity and respect at all times
- Achieving the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of staff.
- Taking management responsibility for shift as directed.
- Ensuring that all Prestwick Care and project specific Policies and Procedures are adhered to, including but not limited to, Safeguarding, Incident reporting, Risk Assessment and Care plans.
- Working appropriately with your line manager in all matters and that he/she is notified on any matter that has caused, or has the potential to cause, harm to anyone in our care or any member of staff or any issue that affects significantly the continuing quality of service delivery.
You will need to be a first level nurse (RMN/RGN/RNLD) with a current PIN. You’ll need to be passionate about what you do, and that means leading by example. You must be well organised, be able work on your own initiative and make effective decisions, whilst working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team within a clear competency framework. You should be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations. You should be registered with the NMC and have a satisfactory DBS check, and check against the ISA list.
We provide excellent care for our residents which improves and enhances their quality of life. We invite nurses to join our team in a care management role, to provide exceptional nursing care. We pride ourselves on having a Clinical leadership team made up of senior nurses and a director with over 40 years’ experience in the care sector and N.H.S.
Our homes provide general nursing care, specialist dementia units and care of young people with physical disability.
Applications are welcome from candidates who hold the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your CV today!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Day shift
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person