Schneider EcoStruxure PLC Tutor
Full job description
Who We Are:
Scantime was founded in 2004 by David Simm (Managing Director) with over 40 years of industrial design & troubleshooting experience, working in electronics, automotive, gas & offshore oil, pharmaceuticals and many other industries. Scantime specialises in Industrial Engineer Training for: Amazon, Jaguar Landrover, EDF Power, Encirc 360, Transport for London, Weinerberger, and specialise in troubleshooting and refurbishment of automation control systems for major industry. Our main objective is to provide a high-quality first-class service to all our clients.
Scantime is now recognised and supported by EAL and City & Guilds, our IMFFP® Levels 1-3 are unique and critical for engineers working in all types of industries.
Course Tutor working in a growing Automation Training and Consultancy company, providing Automation Training to company engineers and individuals throughout the UK.
This role will be working in our automation training department, which will place the applicant in a good position for future personal development and at a higher remuneration.
The applicant will be expected to demonstrate that they can work with limited supervision and provide high-quality tuition to clients at an entry level in automation training using Schneider hardware and software.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understanding our EAL Schneider EcoStruxure Control Expert IMFFP® 1&2 lesson plans and delivering them to a high standard
- Assessing a student’s level of progress throughout the training course and identifying areas for improvement
- Reviewing a student’s assignments and working through problems that the student did not fully understand
- Providing support during and after an examination
- Communicating to supervisors about trouble areas or any issues that require attention
- Keeping up-to-date with current and latest automation developments
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the subject being taught
It will be expected that the applicant will also assist when required in general admin duties such as: Paperwork, printing, and preparation.
Initially, the applicant will work under the supervision of Chris Simm (Director) and Ranjith Rosa (QA) and will be expected to work efficiently and unsupervised to a high standard. In addition, in-house training for the various duties will be provided.
The successful applicant will be primarily working at the main offices Gateshead, Tyne & Wear. Some travel in the North East region will be necessary, and travel expenses will be covered.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications to HNC or equivalent
- Schneider M580 & M340 PLC knowledge and experience with EcoStruxure Control Expert
- Schneider HMI knowledge
- Programming skills in PLC & HMI/SCADA
- Confidence in delivering training to classes of up to 4 engineers
- Excellent social-skills including; patience, positivity, active listening, communication, leadership, problem-solving and time management
- C2 English Level
- Full Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent PC/Laptop skills
- Schneider M251 PLC and EcoStruxure Machine Expert/SoMachine experience
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
Duration and Hours:
This is a part-time, permanent position. However, we are consistently growing our automation training department and there may be the possibility that this role could become a permanent full-time position.
Mon-Thurs: 08.30 - 16.30
Holidays and Overtime:
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £200.00-£250.00 per day
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have any knowledge or experience in working with Schneider EcoStruxure or Unity Pro?
- Certificate of Higher Education (preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 10 years (preferred)