Senior Building Manager
Full job description
WAY OF LIFE
Way of Life is an award-winning, hospitality-led, boutique Build to Rent consultancy and management platform. We are a data-driven brand with a strong focus on customer experience, community and delivering exceptional asset performance.
Our mission is to be recognized as the company that manages the most sought-after residential rental accommodation. To create buildings of lasting value through thoughtful design and exemplary stewardship, whilst supporting them with an ethos of hospitality. In doing so we meet the needs and desires of our residents and consolidate our reputation as trusted custodians.
We act at all times in accordance with our Values:
- Customer First
- Make it Happen
- Teamwork and collaboration
To ensure the successful launch and management of our Clients new development, located in Zone 3, Tottenham Hale, in line with Way of Life’s standards and customer experience.
Key tasks Customer service/ customer contact
- Creating good customer relationships with all customers (existing and prospective) by sending regular updates and communication in a professional manner.
- Formulating action plans for all ongoing customer issues until a resolution is achieved.
- Welcoming all new customers to Way of Life, registering new applicants on our IT system; taking enquires from prospective or existing customers and matching with them properties suitable to their needs.
- Work with Procurement Manager to review soft and hard FM contracts and monitor contract performance.
- Seek appropriate support from surveyors and specialist contractors where necessary to diagnose and resolve complex repair issues.
- Deal with any anti-social behaviour issues as and when they arise and in line with Way of Life policy.
- Carry out internal and external communal inspections and complete and file inspection reports for future reference.
- Work with the management team to formulate a long-term plan for the buildings you manage.
- Ensure communal areas and neighbourhoods are clean, safe and well maintained by working with the contractors, caretakers or cleaners as required. You will be expected to manage contractors as part of your role.
- Managing onsite staff (e.g. Concierge/admin staff), ensuring key day-to-day tasks are completed and daily handover undertaken.
- Manage rota for onsite staff, arranging cover for annual/sick leave where requirement and submitting information for payroll
- Arrange ongoing training for onsite staff and undertake annual performance reviews.
- Attend handover, receiving keys, familiarisation tours, ensuring check list of items demonstrated is signed off and cosmetic issues are identified and documented.
- Manage defects process, reporting and recording all defects cases to ensure a satisfactory outcome of us and our customers.
- Liaise with Marketing team to keep up to date with developments on your new scheme and changes to practical completion dates, also setting rent levels.
Health & Safety
- Maintain 100% compliance for gas, electric, asbestos, FRAs, personal safety device usage, legionella testing.
- Report near misses and incidents in line with Way of Life H&S procedures.
- Ensure all voids are H&S compliant (i.e. ensure valid gas certificate, electrical safety cert, EPCs, smoke alarms).
- Approve invoices for all completed works to ensure contractors are paid swiftly on receipt of invoice.
- Manage day to day expenditure to ensure it is in line with opex budget and draft budgets following stabilisation of asset.
- Manage dilapidations and deposit deductions following check out inspection with assistance of lettings admin/onsite staff.
- Creating a specification for void works, establishing costs and timescales for works.
- Taking payments, rent, move in monies and fees, checking all deposits are registered.
- Managing the lettings and offer process from end to end, including arranging and undertaking viewings and checking in appointments with customers and agents; handling multiple offers and confirming offer details to customers; conducting market research to identify local trends and market rents and taking action on all feedback after viewing to
ensure required improvements are made. Ensure all our advertisements are up to date and refreshed on a regular basis.
- Send completed deal sheets to Lease & Contract Coordinator and assist in customer communications during referencing and deal progression.
- Ensure property is let in a good condition (i.e. that it is clean and there are no outstanding repairs) and undertake check in inventory report.
- Qualify applicants by ensuring customer conforms with right to rent requirements (checking ID in person and taking photographic proof), passing the proof to the relevant team members and starting the reference checks.
- Dealing with tenancy surrenders, goods removal and vacating customers. Liaise with Credit Controller to include ensuring outstanding monies are collected, notices served and updating status on CRM system and then passing on to relevant parties.
- Manage tenancy renewals, ensuring customers qualify for renewal prior to offering renewal terms and sending renewal deal sheets to leasing manager.
- Update Digital Marketing Manager on voids list.
- Provide monthly report on competitors and local market conditions.
- Updating team with surrender, voids and under offer information.General Responsibilities
- Keeping up to date records of all customer contact on IT system to ensure a full audit trail exists.
- Keeping scheme information details for your patch up to date with key information and ongoing issues for utilisation by the team to ensure continuity of service during periods of leave.
- Act at all times in line with the Company Values, integrating these into all work practices.
- At all times follow the financial regulations, policies and procedures at Way of Life.
- Understand the importance of taking care of one’s own health and safety and that of others; following the guidance outlined in the Way of Life Safety Management System.
- Maintain accurate records at all times (both computerised and manual).
- To observe the highest possible standards in relation to customer confidentiality and in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- To act as an ambassador for Way of Life in your conduct during working hours and in all contact with customers and third parties connected with Way of Life’s business.
- Ensure good inter-team working relationships and strong communication with both internal and external customers at all times to ensure Way of Life delivers the best possible service.
- Effectively utilise systems and digital platforms such as Aircall, Hubspot, FixFlo and Qube.
- Provide accurate information to Mobilisation Manager for weekly/ monthly reporting.
- To undertake any other duties as are reasonably requested from time to time.
- To provide cover of ‘Front of House’ staff when they are on leave.
- Proven experience within a Customer-focused, PRS or hospitality environment.
- Required authority, skill and support to creatively address customer needs across the
- Outstanding IT skills, being tech savvy with strong familiarity or previous experience and know-how using and juggling multiple apps and systems, along with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Word experience.
- Actively embrace and work within the Company Values.
- Able to show an understanding of and commitment to good customer care.
- Able to show an understanding of and commitment to property services and managing
landlord and customer relationships.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and verbally, including drafting
correspondence and documents
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a varied and demanding role with appropriate supervision.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and be organised and efficient
- Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel.Desirable
- IRPM, ARLA qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of using Qube, HubSpot or Fixflo
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 03/02/2023
Reference ID: TH-SeniorbuildingmanagerR12023