Full job description
Bridge is a peer support programme which links volunteers who may have recovered from alcohol and/or drug misuse with members who have, or who are recovering from serious substance misuse problems. Bridge also provides a range of activities, events and support and our outstanding teams include recovery workers who support our members to sustain their recovery, as well as staff who specialise in advice and guidance on benefits, housing, and employment.
All employees benefit from “traditional” office hours, company pension, private health insurance and a health cash plan, as well as the unwavering support of a management team who recognise and truly appreciate the difference they make to our members.
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Manager in our Northampton office. In this interesting role you will be responsible for leading a team of recovery workers in their support of our members, as well as working with other related agencies in order to promote seamless continuity of care.
Experience of working with people who have, or who are recovering from substance misuse is essential, as is experience of supervising people and monitoring performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Responsible for managing the Recovery Workers and providing support to improve members’ outcomes through observed practice, timely values-based feedback, overall performance, and attendance.
● Empower colleagues to promote hope, choices, control, and opportunities that assist members in reaching their full potential as individuals and community members.
● Organise key worker sessions with individual members using person centred planning tools. Focus will be on mental health insight, awareness and resilience, medication management, symptom management and coping strategies.
● Plan and organise timetables and lead a range of appropriate groups, eg assertiveness, confidence building, relapse prevention and physical activity.
● Ensure that all practices enable identification of members, children and families who are at risk, and ensure that staff are competent in the delivery of interventions that reduce risk to service users.
● Attend, lead and contribute to team meetings to promote learning cultures, cascade information, and provide feedback to staff on service delivery and developments.
● Attend external meetings with a range of different stakeholders on behalf of the management team.
● Work with the management team to maintain strong governance and monitoring systems, ensuring consistent high-quality service, professional standards are met, and best practice is implemented.
● Ensure Bridge values are at the heart of everything we do, through values-based decision making and leadership, thereby creating a values-based culture.
● Experience of working with people who have, or who are recovering from substance misuse.
● Experience of leading or managing a others.
● Experience of collaborating with other service providers.
● Knowledge of Safeguarding and Data Protection legislation.
● Excellent communication skills.
If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for and want to be part of an incredible team achieving amazing results, please send us your CV and covering letter today.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd August but we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. If you are an overseas applicant, you are required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK with your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being withheld from the shortlisting process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, including candidates seeking support through the Government’s Access to Work grant scheme, and the recruitment of ex-offenders. A copy of our Recruitment and Selection Policy is available on request.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £13.13 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Substance Misuse Recovery Work: 2 years (preferred)
- Managing others: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 02/08/2023