Waking Night Support Worker
Full job description
If you want to be in the small snap shots of our children's lives that capture the big moments this could be the career for you.
Recruiting as we are expanding services in the area, interviews being held by phone or video call or face to face.
Vacancies for NIGHT STAFF Bury St Edmunds. Supporting a maximum of 6 children at night with other staff in the service.
Achieving Aspirations as company provides Residential short breaks for children with learning disabilities.
We offer the opportunity to expand your knowledge and offer a high standard of support to children and young people accessing the services.
Experience is not essential if applying for Residential Support Worker role but a commitment to learn and study towards the Children’s and Young People’ s Work Force diploma after successful completion of your probationary period.
- Supporting children and young people from the ages of 7 years to young adult of 18 years
- Be a positive role model for vulnerable children, encouraging confidence, life skills and a positive self-image
- To have the confidence and patience to set positive boundaries for children and young people, that may have emotional or behaviours that challenge. Helping them to explore more positive interactions.
- Be able to contribute and encourage a safe and nurturing service supporting the young people to develop social, emotional, and physical well being.
- Respecting dignity
- Undertaking personal care needs
Drivers licence desirable but not essential the role involves a variety of shifts including weekends, school holiday’s and national holidays as per rota. Sleep in are include these are paid at a one-off payment rate these hours also include supporting the children and young people accessing short breaks.
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, reference check and must be over 18 years old.
We have a variety of positions vacant and bank positions for those that have other commitments
Please contact: Katy Plumridge, Registered Manager on 07990038222
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Full PPE provided when needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From £13.00 per hour
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person