- Spicerhaart Group Services Limited (143)
- Hunter Mason (55)
- Sanctuary Personnel (32)
- Equans (20)
- Sanctuary (15)
- Boots (15)
- Jardine Motors Group (14)
- Colchester General Hospital (12)
- Temp All Staffing Ltd (12)
- BT Group (12)
- Prezzo (11)
- Orwell Housing Association Ltd (11)
- Home Instead (10)
- Digby Morgan (10)
- NHS (10)
Building jobs in Ipswich
- AXA UK3.6Ipswich IP1PostedPosted 30+ days ago
- Ensuring close collaboration is supported internally across the teams will be an important focus area, as this will enable the team to be set up for success, by…
- Ascenti3.6IpswichPostedPosted 30+ days ago
- With three or more years of clinical experience, you are building a successful career in MSK physiotherapy and are confident working autonomously in clinic.
- Healthy CareersBuxhallPostedJust posted
- Liaising with and building strong relationships suppliers and internal departments.
- A unique opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic, family, entrepreneurial…
- Gressingham FoodsWoodbridge IP13PostedPosted 30+ days ago·
- Monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
- The Army4.1United KingdomEmployerActive 17 days ago
- Every building, from bases in Europe to hospitals in the UK to temporary camps in Africa needs to be warm and plumbed.
- Study plumbing and pipe fittings.
- OCS3.1IpswichEmployerActive 10 days ago
- Regular supplier engagement and management; building strategic, value-adding relationships and driving performance through data-driven management and…
- Vibrant Energy Matters2.6IpswichPostedPosted 2 days ago
- Produce accurate property reports using field software, meeting quality targets and building client relationships.
- Monthly income via invoice submission.
- Urgently neededJasper Education & Support ServiceBoxfordEmployerActive 3 days ago
- Contribute to the resources and fabric of the building, and the welfare of the children and young people, with the objective of achieving the highest standard…
- University of SuffolkIpswich IP4PostedPosted 9 days ago·
- The post holder will be expected to divide their time between both buildings, when on campus.
- The School Office occupies both the iconic James Hehir building,…
- Abbey Sales and Lettings LtdBury St. EdmundsEmployerActive 3 days ago
- You will need to share a passion for personal development through learning, ensuring that we evolve our offering to be the best it can be, continually adding…
- Compass Schools4.4Clacton-on-Sea CO16PostedPosted 13 days ago
- Central to this role is knowing the child, building professional, nurturing and positive relationships and motivating students.
- Staff laptop and mobile phone.
- Nuffield HealthIpswichPostedJust posted·
- Nuffield Health is the charity that’s building a healthier nation, one day at a time.
- Ipswich Hospital | Administration | Permanent contract | Full time.
- EDF LimitedHybrid remote in LeistonPostedPosted 10 days ago·
- Whilst working together there is mutual trust and appreciation created through the building of meaningful relationships with one another, aligned with our key…
- Jardine Motors Group3.6Bury St. Edmunds IP31PostedJust posted
- We’re committed to building a truly inclusive culture and diverse workforce.
- Looking for a new challenge?
- Are you passionate about people and thrive on finding…
- Pick EverardHybrid remote in Bury St. EdmundsPostedPosted 24 days ago·
- Pick Everard are looking for talented Graduates to join us in 2024!
- Are you graduating this year and looking for your first role as a Graduate Building Surveyor…
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
Full job description
About the role
At AXA Commercial, we support our business customers, large and small, by making it easy for them to do business with us in the way that suits them. Whether they insure with us via brokers, directly on the phone or online through comparison sites, we've got them covered.
Building on our success, a key initiative for the future of AXA Commercial is enhancing our current teams with experienced, engaging, and forward-thinking Commercial Underwriters. These roles provide a fantastic opportunity for you to build key foundations and shape the narrative, that will provide AXA the exposure and scope required for growth.
We're currently looking to further grow the Ipswich commercial team and bring to market a great opportunity to join us as a New Business Senior Underwriter in Property & Casualty. The New Business Senior Underwriter plays a critical role in managing the profitability and income of the branch, owning the financial results for designated accounts and brokers. The role demands a high level of influence on the Underwriting team, increasing the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders and developing the technical and trading capability of the branch.
The role encompasses many opportunities to contribute to the development and success of the team, not just from a growth and profitability perspective but driving service excellence to our customers. Ensuring close collaboration is supported internally across the teams will be an important focus area, as this will enable the team to be set up for success, by engaging and building key relationships with the brokers and stakeholders. This is about working smarter and more efficiently, giving us the perfect platform to deliver our business strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- Act as the face of AXA in presenting propositions for larger Mid-Market and Mid-Corporate risks, based on industry knowledge and technical underwriting expertise, subject to the scale and complexity of the case.
- Work with Trading Underwriters to negotiate coverage, wordings and pricing that differentiate AXA to meet customer needs.
- Proactively develop a robust pipeline of Mid-Market and Mid-Corporate qualified growth opportunities leveraging both client and broker relationships, ensuring pipeline is effectively managed and realised.
- Lead and fully embed the large case management process for new business.
- Develop and build collaborative broker relationships, sometimes client, across the Region, taking full ownership for the generation and placement of profitable commercial business from self-sourced.
- Underwrite profitable new business, in line with AXA established underwriting controls and practices and act as a referral point in branch across New Business and, at times, renewals.
- Develop and maintain a quality distribution strategy and communication plan with key influential brokers to ensure financial KPIs achieved.
Although the role has no Direct reports, the Senior Underwriter plays a key role in developing and supporting the performance of the team Underwriters.
At AXA we work smart, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers. You'll work at least 40% of your week away from home, either at one of our office locations, visiting clients or attending industry events.
What we're looking for:
- Progress towards Dip CII qualification desirable or equivalent experience.
- Technical underwriting expertise in a commercial insurance environment.
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, through written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of technical underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Coaching and development skills within in a similar environment and experience of working in teams and successful record of delivering results.
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision maker with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning.
- Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills.
This position has been defined as an Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) role under the IDD regime which means that in addition to pre-employment screening checks, the successful candidate will be subject to background screening every 4 years with an annual declaration in interim years.
What we offer
At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on experience
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 5 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
To apply, click on the ‘apply for this job’ button, you’ll then need to log in or create a profile to submit your CV. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and don’t discriminate against employees or potential employees based on protected characteristics. If you have a long term health condition or disability and require reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process, we’re proud to offer access to the AXA Accessibility Concierge. For our support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Commercial protects businesses, from multinationals to micro start-ups, giving them the confidence to thrive. We’re currently making our biggest ever investment to develop the expertise and skills we need to be the best. We’re a vibrant community where everyone is supported to learn, develop, and take ownership of their work.